Skip to content
Hump Day ****6/27/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where I am up much earlier than I care to be....do not know why exactly...4:30 is not the time I like to get up in the mornings at all...and I am really very tired. But as I continued to sit there this morning after waking up...I knew that it would be impossible for me to drift off to sleep again...I woke up and I think my brain was already beginning to spin with all sorts of *issues* before I even woke up...perhaps I am just anxious about the test tomorrow, I have no idea.

We were blessed with a couple of nice days of being cooler but they are predicting that it is getting ready to be hot, hot, hot...did I say hot? Triple digits for a few days....OMG...I guess I will definitely be inside on these days..there are days now when the heat just about takes my breath away...and I have not seen any triple digits...so I can imagine just what we are in store for. At least we are about done with June...and the 4th is just around the corner.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest...and I hope today will be a good day for all of us.

Welcome to the new members....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...it does take a trial and error process which takes time and effort.
There are no quick fixes that I am aware of...everything is a process for dealing with the wrath of the dragon...

Vitamin D....I continue to remind those of you who are new...be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your VItamin D level checked...which is so important to a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Stay cool, if you can and enjoy your Wednesday.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

jillylin responded:
Hi MiMi,
overcast here today. Naturally this has happened because it is Wimbledon fortnight and rain will stop play. It is lovely and warm though so I won't complain too loudly.

I am coming to Arizona for August so will struggle with the heat. The lure of grandchildren is strong encouragement to visit though.

Thanks for the vitamin D reminder. I didn't realise just how important it was before. I have my blood test arranged for next week to check my levels.
Have a good day everyone
Jilly in the UK

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good middle of the week all. I do hope yesterday was good for each of you. I know it's not always possible for those of is DX'd with fibro, but I hope your day was fibro pain and issue free.

It's cooled down here and we're in the high 80's. May make it to the very low 90's today tho. As MiMi said we too are in for a build up of more heat that will take us up to the triple digits over the next few days. Not too very happy about that tho. It's way to dry here and with so much grass around a fire will start here easily. Hate to have to deal with wild fires as so many states are to the west of TN.

For those in our FMily who are dealing with those terrible wild fires in the states west of TN, I pray that each of you are out of harm's way and that there has been little
damage to your home(s) and property.

I spent my yesterday meeting my new heart doctor out of Vanderbilt. She went to school with my old hear doctor. She's really really nice and easy to like, so am very happy with her. Have blood work for her later today and then going @ 2 to get back in with my old Rheumy, Not to happy about it, kinda think he's outta the loop with new info, but it is going to save me a 60 mile drive. As long as he knows the important new information and treatments for fibro I'm going to be good with the switch back to him.

Tomorrow I go in to get the hearing aide fitted for the left ear so will have the ability to hear some sounds now in the left ear. I may take a while for the left ear to do that because
my brain needs a bit of time to get used to having any sounds to process since my hearing loss was so profound and hasn't been hearing sounds in decades. Am so wondering how it's going to be being able to hear out of that ear after nearly 50 years of hearing loss. It should be nice.

MiMi, sorry you got up so early. I know you just don't having that happen. Hope you can catch a nap during the day to make up for those hours you should have been asleep this a.m.

Jillylin, I haven't been following the matches this year. Been busy with the Olympic trails that are going on each night on TV. We have a few Tennesseans that are trying to make it onto some of our teams that head to London in a few weeks.

As for Arizona in August I won't lie to you it will be dry and hot there. I'm from California originally and I am so used to dry hot, oven like heat that it doesn't' faze me, but to those used to cooler weather or muggy weather it's a real getting used to type of heat. Just find air conditioners where ever you go and do a lot of things in the evening when it's cooler.

Angelswife, hope it's cooled down there and that you are feeling a bit better. Did you talk to your doctor about your ideas on the leg mending faster or did you call the SS and talk to them about benefits? Have wondered how that has been going. Thinking of you and sending you healing hugs.

I guess I will close this here as I have to be out the door and over @ the hospital in 30 minutes and I'm not ready to be there if I don't get up from the lap top now.

Wising each of you a good day. Stay cool everyone.
Gentle hugs, Linda R.

crazytaurenswife responded:
Good morning

It's so nice & quiet so far this morning! DS11 is off to his second to last day of school and DS15 is still asleep. I want to open the windows and sliding door today, but I probably shouldn't. Wednesdays are the days the landscaping company comes and mows all the lawns. I have major allergy issues sometimes and I've already had trouble this week.

I'm trying to convince DH to replace the stove. I think it was one of the appliances that was purchased 6 years ago and it doesn't work as well as the one we had this time last year in our last apartment. The really old one had to have been well over 20 years old and it did a better job of keeping an even (or even correct) oven temperature. We priced several appliances (stove, dishwasher, refrigerator, & freezer) yesterday and I think I can get I want for under $600. Then I can start working on getting him to agree to replace the dishwasher

Today will be my last day at work until school starts back up in September. I'm going to miss the kids, but we're all to the point where we need a break from each other lol Tomorrow will be their last day of school. I was supposed to come help with getting the kids organized and off for summer break, but DS11's 6th grade graduation is on the other side of town from that school and it starts 45 minutes before the principal wanted me there.

Still no word on whether they've hired someone for the library assistant position. I'll call this morning to see if they've called people for interviews. It's a busy time of year, so they may not have gotten to it yet. The librarian at the middle school called the librarian at that school while I was volunteering yesterday. She left a voice mail message recommending that he hires me The librarian who's taking over for her next year was there and she said this is the second time the position has been posted. She used to work there not too long ago and she was told that no one qualified for this position applied the last time it was posted. So we'll see...

MiMi - I hope you'll be able to stay in out of the heat! I really do NOT miss those temperatures

Jilly - If MiMi hadn't always posted about the importance of getting vitamin D levels checked, I probably wouldn't have done it when I did (or I'd have put it off til who knows when). Since I started taking 2000 IU/day, the deep bone pain in my legs has almost completely stopped. The only time that particular pain acts up is when I'm flaring...but when that happens, EVERY part of me acts up so no surprise there lol

Linda R. - I'm glad your new doctor is so nice and I hope your old doctor is more up to speed on things than he was the last time you went to him. I'd pick dry heat over muggy heat any day! But I think I'll stick to my somewhat cloudy 70* day

I'd better get moving. I need to defrost chicken breasts and get some herbs from my container garden for dinner tomorrow. I'm making a version of one of my favorite meals: carrots, celery, onions, and red potatoes tossed with herbs, then baked in a covered 9x13 cake pan with a little water and seasoned chicken (whole or breasts). I was going to make it tonight, but DH wants chicken pizza. Hhmmm...I should pick up a red onion while I'm out today.

I hope you all have a fantastic day today and you feel better than you did yesterday

~air hugs~

~Jessi

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening,

Today was nother hard day at work. My back felt alright this morning and it's rotton again now. I would realy like to have an MRI too see what has been going on there for the last 20 years. It's getting worse. I will try to power through these last 2 work days if I feel ok in the morning. If not I will have to burn up what little vacation I have saved.

We don't get sick days at my employer. We are just allowed to use vacation or not get paid. If we are gone more than 2 days for any type of illness we need a Dr. to sighn a release and bring it to work.

I had my nieces and nephews over to play with their cousins today. They are a pretty tight group and they have a ball together. The laughter was welcome while I layed on the couch.

The weather is nice right now with low 80s for just a couple days. The humidity is rather high but I prefer that over below zero.

That is all for now, take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
376 of 403 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.