Skip to content
Pressure on one area causes sensation in another area
crazytaurenswife posted:
Anyone else have this happen? I have some places on my body that will tingle or hurt when any amount of pressure is applied to a different area. The one that's pretty much constant is on my left leg. When something touches the inner side of my left calf, the outer side of my left foot and ankle tingles and feels like something is pressing on it. I know we all have issues with nerves not behaving appropriately, but this seems even more strange than the usual symptoms.

~Jessi

painfullyexhausted responded:
Hello. Yes, I too have this crazy nerve thing or what ever it is. I do think it has to do with the nerves but I'm not a doctor lol. I can touch the tender spots on my sternum area and I swear it radiates around to my back. I have looked at some diagrams and there are nerves that connect from these particular areas. I guess if you think about it, nerves are everywhere and it would only make sense especially as sensitive as FMers are when it comes to nerve disturbances. Well, that's my diagnosis for the day lol. Seriously, I hope this was helpful, even if it's not accurate at least you're not alone ! Best of luck.

booch007 responded:
Goo dmorning.

Our nervous system is so complex and deep nerves, cranial nerves and peripheral nerves are going everywhere...like highways. You also have dermatome areas of sensation that get there stimulus in a central source.

Complex and over my education often......

But I think I remember there is a leg nerve the sciatic nerve that runs from your butt to the OUTSIDE of the leg....then there is a nerve running on the inside of the calf and wraps the other way to the outside all the way down to the foot.

IT is possible, probable and plausable this is what you are having issue with.

Refferred pain is in the Myofascial Pain syndrome arena. NOT FM. FM has sites that are there. MPS travels when touched. I get reffered pain to the ears, from my chest to my back....my back to my chest. Headaches from the back neck area......

It is a challenge to find the source or cause and effect of my symptoms. I use the book "FM and Myofascial Pain" a survival manual, by Dr Devin Starlanyl as a guide to help fix me.

It maps out those things above my knowledge and helps me fix it.....like now I have a right hip I want to unscrew and fix! I have to get the book and see* if it caused by a back thing or is it the hip itself. I feel a trigger point site in there, but it can still be from another muscle pulling on that site that is talking. Research is always needed at times.

Good luck, maybe you too will find this book helpful. IT is very validating to read and show some non-believer!...Nancy B

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.