Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
wondering
cosmoqueen2012 posted:
I was just wondering if there is any over the counter supplement that helps with fibro fatigue?? If anyone knows of any will you plz let me know!? Thanks! One more thing.... The doctor has me on tramadol 2 a day but he only gave me 50 and told me to come back in 2 months?? I do not know what to do they really help and I don't wanna run out I can hardly move without them! What should I do!??!! Any advise???

NotWorldly responded:
Search the Internet and you probably will find that Malic Acid (Magnesium Malate) helps at the cellular level. Also, ask Life Extension Foundation about their Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer with BioiPQQ. I have been taking it for a long time and find it helps. Also, get off of unnecessary sugars, caffein, and preservative-laden and artificial ingredient-laden foods.

dollbug responded:
Hello and welcome....MiMi in NC....so the doctor prescribed you 2 a day but only gave you 50 to last 2 months.....well....sounds like someone made an error....I would have thought he/she would have made sure to give you enough until your next appointment....I think I would call the doctor's office when you get down to have 14 left...(2 weeks worth)...since it will probably take them this long to decide whether or not they will call in another prescription for you...

I also have the chronic fatigue...and I have not found anything at all that has helped me with it yet...but I am still looking...my doctor said there is nothing out there...I hope you or someone will eventually find something though...and when you do, please let the rest of us know also...I will do the same.

Take care and good luck...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

fibroinsd responded:
The thing that has helped me the most...are just vitamins..I take a good muti vitamin, a D (2000 units) and omega and magnsium..and most importantly..a good B-100 COMPLETE. Has your doctor checked your level of D???? That would be important.

I would call the doctor and tell the office about the pills...you don't want to get caught short..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Weezie6452 responded:
I've had good response using rhodiola rosea. It is used for increasing energy and well-being and is very well-researched. It's not a caffeine or guarana type of supplement, no jittery or speedy side effects.

Look it up and see what you think. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

I hope this helps Louise

NotWorldly responded:
Fibro fatigue: PQQ and mitochondrial support items are obtainable from Life Extension Foundation. Ask their health advisors for information on these. Also, include CoEnzyme Q10 in your health program. It is something manufactured naturally by the body when we are young and healthy, but that we benefit from when we are older. The same organization has information about these products and can sell them to you. I do not have any connections with the organization, just have benefitted tremendously from their information and products over the years. Research alkaline-producing diet also.

Anon_10089 replied to NotWorldly's response:
Just wanted to say that I looked at the Life Extension website and you're right: it is a great resource. I haven't even looked at their products but their article on FM is one of the most accurate and comprehensive that I've seen.

As far as energy, I've had improvements by eating an almost carb-free diet. I eat mostly meat and vegetables. I especially avoid carbs in the morning and I eat a pretty big breakfast. Eating "clean" will also help. Of course, I have my down, fatigued days but keeping my blood sugars as steady as possible has helped me quite a bit.

fibrofran17 responded:
hi cosmoqueen, you can try having the pharmacy do interference for you, just a thought, they get through to the docs easier than we do! thats if the RX said 2x a day, probably did right?
Also for the fatigue others have given good advice. For me vitamin B complex is a must, you won't be running marathons but any improvement is worth it. It helps the brain fog. I started tramadol a few months ago and it's been a lifesaver, also only got 2 50mgs a day. Wish I had 3, that would carry me though the night and wake up better rather than the pretzel body pain thing first off in the morning. Best wishes, fibrofran

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
457 of 532 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.