Skip to content
TGIF***ROLL CALL ***HOT,HOT,HOT
dollbug posted:
TGIF...and it is Roll Call on this hot, hot, hot day in NC....did I say just how hot it is going to be?????? OK...starting today, we are having the hottest days that we have had here in a longggg time....triple digits and will have these now for several days...it started out that we were going to have just one day of this...and now they have changed this to 3....do they even know? Maybe, maybe not...it is already 71* here at 6:45. Very strange and weird weather again...and it is still June...

So...I spent 4 hours at the doctor's office yesterday...I was not a happy camper...I had several tests and yes I have kidney stones in both kidneys...but the doctor does not think this is what is cauing me to be sick and the back pain as well...the CT was of my major organs..and he can not say what this might be. So...with this being said..I know no more now than I did before I started this process...why are things so complicated...he suggested that I go back to my doctor and tell him that I need a GI workup...

It seems like I have always been a complex person to figure out...I am not sure that I am up to having anything else done right now...especially after yesterday.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and I hope we all will have a good day today and the rest of the week-end also...I think it is going to be quite interesting...to say the very least. Try to stay cool...I am going to fill the small pool up today for the big boys outside...the are labs and they love the water...I am sure they will enjoy this today and this week-end as well.

Welcome to the new members...for those of you who are not aware...we have Roll Call every Friday and ask that you try to pop in and update the FMily on whatever you care to share with us. Just a good way of closing the week and right before the week-end.

Welcome back to Cece....who has been away for a while...I saw that you posted yesterday...missed you and I hope you have a good trip. I am sure your parents missed you while you were gone..it is sometimes good just to get away for a while...it is tough when you have to be a caregiver and take care of our elderly parents...it is hard on the mine and the body as well.

I hope angelswife will post today...I hope you are doing better...hang in there ....I know just how hard this can be...it just takes time for our bodies to heal.

There are so many people having issues....and with the weather so hot also...this does not help with anything either.

Remember to drink plenty of water...and try to stay as cool as possible...

A lot going on in the country...too much for my brain to worry about...it is what it is...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
I'm sorry the tests left you with more questions than answers. That must be awfully frustrating.

It's going to be hot here too---the next three days will be humid and in the 90s, ugh. It's a bit hard to take with no AC here, but we do the best we can. I am getting better at keeping the bedroom at 85 when it gets this hot. At least then I can sleep---sort of.

I have been practically living on the deck, which is why I haven't been on much. I love being outside! I have got several blanket projects going, and I'm also working on Linda R's scarf. That's a lot of fun because of the yarn she sent me.

I managed to get sick this week. I have no idea how, since I haven't been anywhere and we haven't had any visitors. I started with a sore throat, and within 24 hours I had a full-blown ear infection. My ear has been completely blocked for three days now, and it has this annoying ring in it. Drives me bats...I also have some vertigo, so I haven't been as active as I'd like. It's hard to manage a walker when you're dizzy, lol.

Husband actually went to the yarn store for me (FINALLY!!) so I am fully re-stocked, at least for now. They were having their big yarn sale and I begged him to go. My head is spinning with new project ideas...I am starting to come up with my own designs and some of them are really stunning. I never thought I could have this much fun with a broken leg, lol.

My recovery continues to be frustratingly slow, although I am walking more now. The challenging part is, if I try to put weight on that leg without supporting myself on something, my leg simply buckles and I go down. I don't know if it needs to heal more or if that's the nerve damage. I guess I'll find out when I go back in mid-July.

Time to get this day started---we had rain before, and I want to see if it's dried enough for me to go outside. Hope everyone has a good day---stay cool!

greenwitch68 responded:
Good Morning MiMi and all to follow-
Off to the dentist in a bit. Not happy about having to go out in this weather. Hot here again already 80. Got a little rain yesterday, not enough though.
I hope everyone enjoys a nice weekend and stays cool.
Kath G

rudyandirmouse replied to angelswife's response:
Angelswife, what your are describing sounds just like what I had and the ear infection is just what I got and had to go on ear drop, nasal spray and antibiotics. It also made me go hoarse for a day or two. Feel better quickly.

Gosh I wish it weren't so hot there for you! I wish the landlord would help out with at least a few extra fans to keep the house cool. But am so glad you have been out side and on the deck enjoying the sunshine and the breeze.

Good to hear you are up and walking more, sorry the recovery is taking longer than they had told you it would.

So glad DH went to the yarn store for you. I know he must have felt like a fish outta water but I know you sent him there with a list. Glad to hear you are having fun designing my scarf.

Will call you over the weekend. Gentle hugs to you. Linda R.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Friday everyone. I hope where you are it's been cool. I hope your yesterday was nice and that you had very little pain or fibro issues.

For those in the FMily who live out west I hope that you haven't been effected by the fires. Or have any damage to your property or family, pets or self. Stay safe.

OMG it is hot here in middle TN. This heat wave is taking down records set 50 and 60 years ago. It's gonna be 106 today and all of it oven like heat. Will be hotter tomorrow and Sunday. The land around us is baked dry and many cities are calling off 4TH of July firework shows. Some cities have closed down firework stand and have outlawed the use of fireworks. We're that dry. As I've said before I'm from Southern California and I'm used to this kind of heat. Most here are not and are really suffering.

MiMi, sorry you have the gallstones again and that you still don't have a reason for the stomach problems. I would have thought your PCP would have already sent you for a GI work up since that's what you've been complaining about for weeks now. I hope your doctors find out quickly.

I got a phone call yesterday telling me the Rheumy wants me back in 2 weeks cause I have some inflammation in my knee joint. Figured that out with a blood test did he. LOL If he'd have asked me the day I was in there I'd have told him my much operated left knee had been swollen lately. But he used the blood test instead. UGH.

CeCe, am so glad you got a chance to just enjoy yourself with no thought of other things. I was so happy to hear that you had been away from it all and hope that things with your parents settle down and that you don't have to carry it all on your shoulders. Have your heard back about the job?

Glad your like the picture. I took it to sent of Sharon when she was making a cap for me. Thought she might want to have an idea of my head size. I know kinda dumb as I could have just measured it. LOL

OH, tell your DH he's not missing a thing as it's the same kind of heat he'd have to deal with if he went inland to the desert next month. Everyone here is suffering so because dry heat is NOT something their used to having here. We get so much weather over us that comes up from the Gulf, which is always cooler with moisture. Most times that causes the steaminess or mugginess when it's hot. So this kind of heat being so dry and oven like this early in summer is not boding well for those not from Southern Cal.

KathG, hope your dental visit went well. Sorry you had to go out in the heat. It's hot here too so I really understand how you feel. As I am trying to lump all my errands and appointments into a 2 hour window and then get my self home.

DH had yesterday off so we went and ran errand and also a short visit in with DD. One errand we passed on was to drop off 2 stuffed animals my GD left @ DD's house. But we just didn't want to add those miles to our yesterday. So we have Samba and her little friend with us until Saturday evening when we have dinner out with the family.

Speaking of Saturday night we will be out having a family dinner out @ The Rain Forest Cafe because it's our youngest GD's 6TH birthday. I have no idea where the time has gone She will be going into 1ST grade and I am just amazed about it when I think " How can this be feels like I just held her as a new born " ?

My today is going to be easy. Because it is going to be so hot out there I am trying to get everything in as quickly as possible. I have to drop off a check for a Tupperware tumbler I'm buying to help a friend earn sale points. I was invited to her party Saturday but my ear infection kept me home. Then I have to get my monthly back adjustment and if I can fit it in, I'd like to get my nails done. may put it off until Monday when the nail spa I go to has less traffic. Any, when I'm done it's home to the cool of the house and chores.

A big hello to all those that follow. Wishing each of you a good day.
Will close this post here.
Gentle hugs, Linda R.

Teelady1 responded:
TGIF!!!! Very glad it's Friday!

Actually looks like we might get some much needed rain here in No IL. Unfortunately the rain isn't supposed to cool things off around here. 90s in the forecast for several days!

I'm actually feeling pretty good today - even though I didn't get the best sleep last night (but better than other nights). I did have a great massage last evening. My calves have been so tight lately - the massage really helped.

I'm going to get a lot of crocheting done this weekend - as I'm working on a baby blanket for a shower that is on the 7th.

Wishing everyone a great Friday and weekend with no or little pain - and good sleep tonight!

fibroinsd responded:
Happy Friday all..

well...looks like a nice day here...so sorry most of the country is having such a bad heat wave..and so many are suffering..

Mimi..so sorry about the doc not giving you more info..hope they can help you out...somehow...ugh...

I can't reiterate mimi's advice to drink water enough ....I really have to work at that..but it is so important..

Sharon..do take care...and hope you have some fun with the crocheting..

Kath..not sure where you are..but this weather seems to be brutal..take care.

Linda...I did tell DH about the temps..he was glad not to be there !!! ..hope your knee gets better..and you stay cool !

ok...if you are interested..I think you can see my trip pics here...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3869560309821.151599.1603006737&type=1&l=de7ce24369

I talked to dad a few times already..I have to go there tomorrow to do pills and pay bills..etc..not looking forward to getting back into it..He invited me to go with him to the eye doctor today..with his care people..I declined...got enough of my own stuff to do.and don't think there is much for me to know there..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
I made it through Friday in one piece. My back finally let up after 8 gruelling days. I will try my best not to tear it up while it's healing this time.

The wife and I had to go to the dentist today too. No issues though, just a cleaning. Thankful I have decent teeth.

It was 85 here today. Way up north some complain about it, I actually enjoyed the weather. Not quite so muggy anymore and we had a breeze.

I am waiting to hear back from my new RH on my next steps. My main goal is to diagnose or rule out Fibro. I looked at my old papers and the previous RH even checked me for Lymes. That was actually exactly 2 years before I saw the new one.

I hope it cools down for you guys. I hope you all have a good weekend. Take care everyone,

Cory

thenikki64 responded:
It is super hot here in coastal Georgia, too. Probably the only folks who have it worse are the soldiers in Afghanistan, where it is 115 , patrolling with 70lb packs on. My son is one of those:)

Since I tested negative for rheumatoid and lupus (again), I am having another MRI of my neck and one of my right hand on Monday. The hand has been a problem for a couple of months now, and I hope the MRI will show something. I fear I will just be told everything looks just fine, be on your way, have a good day! The days are not all that good when everytime I curl the pinkie on my right hand, I have sharp pain into my palm. My hand is also weaker, and since I am right-handed, I am limited somewhat. Like I said, my fear is finding nothing, because I would like this fixed.

I need to start some laundry, so everyone have a great weekend and 4th of July!
Pam in Savannah

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
371 of 398 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.