Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Rough few days
Randm2220 posted:
Hello!

I have been reading everyone's posts and it sounds like everyone is struggling. I am too...

Like everyone else, I am frustrated with fibro. So much stress. And just can't get comfortable. My mind doesn't want to work and I get fatigued early in the day. It has been so hot here that relieving my stress in the garden is not an option. Cooking is out too. Too hot to turn the oven on. Some days I just want to crawl into a corner and hide. Trying to keep a positive attitude. Finding little things to do around the house.

My DH is great right now. He tries his hardest to make my life easier. He gets up for work around 2 am and is home by 2 pm. Of course he is tired when he gets home and wants to rest, but I want company. I find myself getting irritated with him because he wants to take a nap and I want company. It hasn't rained here in weeks so I have to water my garden everyday. This stresses me out for the upcoming water bill. The ac has been running constantly so I dread the upcoming electric bill. The squirrels are tearing up my garden so I get stressed about them. My kids are coming home so I am stashing about getting tongs done before they get here. I haven't worked in almost 4 months so finances are stressing me out. How do you not stress when life is being so tough?

I take lyrica for fibro and that is not working. They will be changing it to cymbalta next week. My pain medicine only takes the edge off the pain. I take Tylenol 3. What if the cymbalta doesn't work? It has been three years in trying to find the right combination that will work for me. Patience is not my strong trait.

My dog has been battling fleas this year. They are terrible! We have never had a problem controlling fleas with natural repellents, but this year they are a pain! I hate to see my dog suffer. We resorted to a stronger flea medicine and that seems to have done the trick but I don't like to give my dog anything not natural.

My stress level is off the chain. Sorry to have vented so long. I know my problems are far less than a lot of other members, but it is still there.

Thanks for listening.....

I hope everyone has a wonderful fourth. I am looking forward to seeing my kiddles and their "children". They both have dogs that will be home too. We have a couple family things planned for the weekend. Looking forward to those events. Hope I can handle it all.

Kim

booch007 responded:
Hello Kim,

Gee alot on the plate I see. I am so sorry for all that stress, it does make this more painful to work with.

I was thinking why not stay on the lyrica and add* the cymbalta. Many here take the two together, they work different and may be the key? The worst psrt of this mess is getting the tools right. Learning how to handle stress, and that is so hard when you have no control over the things that life brings.

I hope things get better for you, you have been a positive one here for so long. Hard to see you low. Hope the light at the tunnels end comes soon. Stay cool (no matter what).

I also understand the lonely statement. DH is gone all day just left at 5am for the deli and I don't see* him til 8pm and he is asleep by 15 minutes after eating. HE IS EXHAUSTED. I just look and say "well....whatever" What a life. But it is not long for me to be asleep too.

The positive spin is, you have the controller to the TV....and you have the freedom to do anything you want in the "quiet". Out of respect for the sleeping that needs to be done. I would never want DH to get this from not sleeping right or well.
(there is resentment at times for the town getting my family and I am home alone and in need for help or another pair of hands....not good for the head...I run away from this thinking fast)

We then go back to making ourselves busy, projects, iPod for music we like and keeping the mind busy to "keep the devil away" I get awful negative thoughts at times and I have to shake it off and let it go...get an idea going and put my heart into it.

I wish you all the best.....((((((hugs from me))))))) Nancy B

Randm2220 responded:
Nancy,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I really needed that today. I try very hard to stay upbeat and positive, but sometimes I have to let my guard down and just let my feelings totally out. Lol.

Today I am taking it slower than usual. To rest quite a bit. Since my kids are coming in and we have a lot of things going this coming weekend. I finished cleaning this morning. I have one batch of homemade flour chips done. Second batch in the oven. Corn chips to follow. It so much less expensive to make your own chips. I might make potato chips too. We will see. I am going to bake a cake for my kids. They want a cream cheese pound cake. So, except for baking, I am done for the day and it's only 10 am!

Hopefully my DH will be too tired to go to the fourth party tonight. We have to make an appearance at least. The host keeps me supplied in fresh eggs and fish.

Enjoy your fourth!

Kim

xperky replied to Randm2220's response:
Kim, your list of stressors sounds familiar. It's hard when money is so tight.

When I find myself spiraling with stress and worried thoughts, I have to turn it around quickly. No sense in getting depressed on top of FM!

My personal tricks include a soothing bath, time with my pets, meditation, yarn projects or gardening. Like you, I find the gardening too hot lately, except near sunset. Maybe you can find a new way to de-stress that is inexpensive. Any hobbies you've thought might interest you? Perhaps a stroll through Hobby Lobby is in order.

I'm glad you took it easier today. Homemade chips sound good!

I hope you have a wonderful visit with your kids over the weekend.
With Compassion,
Margaret

Randm2220 responded:
Margret,

Thanks for the tips! I do have a few hobbies that I enjoy. I am waiting on a friend to bring me some shirts so I can begin a t- shirt quilt for her daughter. I also do wood working and a few other small crafts. Recently, I have been working on a ring or my husband. It's made of silver, but the pounding hurts my hands. Lol.

I had a wonderful relaxing night last night with friends so that helped. I thought I would have issues since it was a friends house that I didn't know very well and there would be other people I had never met, but I did pretty good! I was proud of myself. Lol.

Well, one more cup of coffee this morning and I will be off and running. Dog to groomers by 7 am and then a few final touches on the house before my kiddles get here!

Kim

Old1now replied to booch007's response:
I Agree with Nancy. I take cymbalta and have added Lyrica I am doing better. Not perfect. Keeping busy, even with small craft projects helps. Hope you have a relaxing time with kids. Mary

fibroinsd responded:
Hello...so glad you wrote..

Just wanted to add that I took Cymbalta when I was first dx...and it worked great for me...sometimes, like some said...it is just a trial and error..I was glad I didn't take Lyrica...and that the Cymbalta did work..maybe try switching to the Cymbalta for a month and see if you notice a difference..and if not, try adding the Lyrica on top of it???

I do want you to also check out the member toolbox post in the resource section. The one started by Nancy B...lots of good ideas..and look for info on vitamins...maybe that will help..cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Lillita666 responded:
I was put on Lyrica, then Cymbalta, and didn't get any relief from either, but my doctor recently started me on a new drug called Savella, and it actually seems to help a little bit, especially with stress and brain fog.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.