Skip to content
How???
lily75 posted:
How do people cope with fibromyalgia? There are days, more often than not, I just can't take it anymore, I o not think the octors I have around here are very well informed and know how to help me deal with this. I use feel like I can't o on anymore.

xperky responded:
lily75, I'm having a difficult day today too. I could not wake up and when I did, I still could not wake up...lol. Trouble getting any energy today. It's hot and the air quality is bad here, so that probably added to it.

I hope you can find some useful tips here on how to cope. You can search this community, at the top of the page, and find older topics that might interest you. You might find info to bring to your doctor and ask to try.

I sincerely hope you can find a compassionate doctor, and a combo of things that help you deal with this awful illness. For me, it's a day by day, minute by minute thing. I did spend some months mourning my prior life when first diagnosed. It takes time to accept.

You must not give in to FM. Please call a crisis line if you feel totally despaired. There is help out there for someone in a crisis.

Soft hugs to you.
With Compassion,
Margaret

Anon_2912 responded:
I can't stop & think about it, because the things I need to get done or need to be done will not be done by anyone...

So I guess we really just go day by day. I don't dwell on the Fibro, not saying I don't have pains, but I guess I don't have a choice in the matter. Life must go on for me..I can't lay in bed or on the couch all day, if I stay productive I am surviving.

I have my good & bad days. I don't discuss medical issues with family or friends (need to know basis) & my husband would be supportive, but I don't even discuss it with him either.

My PCP is great & would give me what I need for pain, but in all honesty, the medication just made me worse mentally...I take Advil/Aleve/Tylenol for the aches/pains , B12 (for energy).

gdsjoy responded:
There is light at the end of the tunnel! The pain will let up and you will have good days. And those days you make everything count! Making those memories with family and friends.

I have a friend that prays through her pain. She is one of the most joyful people I know. I learned through taking water aerobics, with the arthritic group, I was 29, that you can be joyful through the pain. The pain does not define you. You are not the Fibromyalgia. And you matter.

booch007 responded:
Lilly,

This is the biggest challenge I have ever taken on. Fighting with the dragon and pulling him along with me and then dancing with him is a life long task now.

I also was so low i was close to suicide, the pain was constant the dysfunction high....I turned it around with real "high fisted anger" Fought everyday and did all the positive things I could come up with.

The toolbox in resources has some of the road I used and then the rest of the fmily added their tools to survive.

I think for my body,so many little things were wrong, my magnesium was low...though my labs were normal as twice a day 250mg made a big difference in me. Re-Hydrating my muscles with pure water only had a big change and losing some weight on the over structure of my body in the end helped. Found my Vit D at 12!

This is so complex and crazy at times. The lows of pain can bring you to such dark places. Please hold on. Keep it here and speak out to lets us know where you are at. IT CAN GET BETTER.

I only know of two people who lost to this, who gave up all and left.....so, I know you didn't say you are THIS low. But speaking about it is important.

Look in to the book I use" FM and Chronic Myofascial Pain" a survival manual by; Dr Devin Starlanyl. IT IS so helpful to do self help things and understand the process of pain we are in.

Dr P has books too, and we all know he has a sense of humor so it must be good reading......look on Amazon.com , they are all there.

This challenge you have been handed needs education and fortitude to get through it. I can say i am the best I have ever been to this day.

I also now have 2 grandchildren I would never have known if I didn't persevere to fight and NOT ACCEPT this is my "always" days path. I had some power to change it.

Good doctors and right meds and a good lifestyle are all included to be successful. I hope it all falls into place for you. It is 13 years of retooling this to be here today. SO it is not by next week that magic will arrive.

I can say "I know me".....and that is a big statement.

I am dancing with the dragon now, not draggin the dragon as I used to....BIG difference and it can happen.

Good luck and stay in touch with the fmily, we need to hear your path as you become someone elses teacher as well....as you try things, we all learn.

Good luck, Nancy B

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.