Skip to content
Fatigue and Weakness
fairtinuviel posted:
Does anyone else have these as their worst symptoms? For me I don't really get pain unless I over exert myself, and if I do too much I will be completely exhausted and useless for several days. I am taking Cymbalta which seems to help, but particularly after my menstrual cycle I just seem to tank for about a week. Any coping skills out there for these problems? Thoughts, feeling, etc.?

dollbug responded:
Hello and welcome...MiMi in NC...yes...I ahve the chronic fatigue...and I have not found anything that will help this...my doctor has told me several times that there is nothing on the market that will help it...I never feel rested totally....I can get what I take to be enough sleep some nights but I still wake up tired...I do feel better some days though..and I can not seem to figure out why this is so.

I can also get completely worn out if I cross the line and do too much....

I no longer have periods but I do have PMS and I know each month when this arrives...

I hope you can find something that will help you cope better...wish I knew something....but I have been unable to find anything to help with the fatigue...learning how to pace, pace and pace even more when you can do things might help you some..

Take care and good luck..

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

1wareaglefan responded:
Hello...I seem to remember reading somewhere that with fibro, pain is the dominant symptom, and with chronic fatigue syndrome, fatigue dominates. Have you asked your doctor about it?

Of course, many people have the two together. I've read that certain supplements are helpful for fatigue and weakness. I was found to have very low B-12, and during that time, I was just absolutely exhausted all the time. I started taking B-12 shots, and that helped me very much!

Also many people take a B complex. I take whole food vitamins, called Alive Whole Food Energizer that I get at vitacost.com. Also d-ribose is supposed to help with energy.

Those are just some things I've tried or heard about. Good luck with finding something that helps you.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.