Skip to content
My first post
FibroGirl1969 posted:
This is my first time posting on here, I have had Fibro for 3 years now and I am still learning what it's all about. I have issues with nights sweets, hotflashes, major pain, watery,dry, burning eyes all day. Does anyone else have these issues and what are you doing to help with these issues.

xperky responded:
Welcome to the site, FibroGirl1969.

I share those symptoms with you. No fun!

Here's a few of my coping methods. No cures, but little things that help:

For night sweats: I keep a fan on and that seems to keep me more comfy. Also, nothing but 100% cotton on me and the bed.

For pain: Now that's a tuffy. I have found Tramadol so helpful. My doctors would like me to take more of it, but I'm trying not to become dependent on it. I also take a muscle relaxer before bed, which helps keep the pain down all day. SalonPas patches help small spots, and Lidoderm patches numb the worst pain spots. Sometimes a heating pad is just enough.

For dry eyes: Some of the otc dry-eye drops help me, some don't. I like TheraTears, Blink, or Bion-Tears. I take them 2-3 times a day, plus whenever my eyes feel bad. My eye doctor prescribed Restasis, but it's so expensive! I gave up on eye makeup a few years ago. Too irritating. Besides, I didn't look any better with redder eyes.

So, I hope those are a few helpful ideas for you. What have you found helpful? You've been dealing with this awful beast for long enough to have some good ideas for us too.
With Compassion,
Margaret

greenwitch68 responded:
Hi & welcome
Nice to meet you. I think you will find, as I did, that this is a great place to be.

For the pain I use Tiger Balm, it is only minor relief, but helpful nonetheless. Be careful it does stain.
I still haven't found the right meds that work for me. I do find Naproxen to help take the edge off a bit.
Good luck and have a great day.
Kath G

Bellagirl31 replied to greenwitch68's response:
I love Tiger Balm! I am currently doing yoga and a little cardio and ab workouts and let me tell you, this stuff is amazing for the legs(calves) and shoulders.

FibroGirl- Welcome. I was the new kid on the block 9 months ago and this place is my life line. I come here to vent, get advise, roll call (LOL you will see MIMI's post, I read everyday), and most importantly to share any updates or "tricks" that have worked for me. For pain if it is intense I soak in a luke warm bath with essential oils targeted for muscle relief and pain. Lavender, Peppermint, and Ylang Ylang are some of my favorites. These help with sleep and calming your nerves too. Hope your having a pain free day.

Liz

FibroGirl1969 replied to xperky's response:
Margaret,

First let me say thank you for the warm welcome and the ideas that you have stated I will try. Yes, I have had Fibro for some time, but I just got under a pain managment doctor care this year. My primary doctor had no idea what to do for me. I am on steroids which has blown me up and I take Gabastein(spelled wrong) for the pain along with muscle relaxer and let's not forget depression meds.

As for my eyes, I have tried some eyedrops, just haven't found the one that will work, but I will try the ones that you have listed.

I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,
Charlene

FibroGirl1969 replied to greenwitch68's response:
Hello Kath,

Thank you for welcoming me. I have never tried Tiger Balm, however I have heard good things about it, I will give it a try and let you know.

Thanks,
Charlene

FibroGirl1969 replied to Bellagirl31's response:
Hey Liz,

I wish will let the warm water from the shower run on me and that sometimes does help. This heat is not helping at all and my eyes are just buring every day all day.

Bellagirl31 replied to FibroGirl1969's response:
They make a lubricating ointment that you use in the mornings to help with the dry eyes and burning. Talk to your doctor. My grandmother uses it from her doctor and it helps with her dry eyes. The first few times may be uncomfortable but it will help.

fibrofran17 responded:
Hi FibroGirl1969, me too, all of it. I use Similasan homeopathic
DRY eye drops. Most drugstore chains carry it, I am addicted to it, Since it's all natural you can use it without worry and it's cheap, way cheaper than any RX. The nightsweats are killing me too, and day sweats. I take melatonin a few hours before sleep, also over the counter, and it really helps. I have to keep the airconditioner on about 68 degress too, no matter what it costs, I won't eat, but I Need that cool. Good luck and hope this helps. Oh, I also wash my eyes with a cool wet wash cloth a few times a day and it seems to calm them too. So no more eye make up but if I wear make up the problemds are worse no matter what the products are. FibroFran

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.