Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
W E E D S .......
booch007 posted:
I know...what?

I did alot of gardening yesterday and I have to say there are lessons of life everywhere. Did you ever notice the opportunistic devils we call weeds.......

I have so many plants in the yard and I have to say you couldn't see any of the beauty....I pulled and pulled and cut to the root (the ones that were winning the pull fight!) and just stepped back to notice......they are a plant of opportunity. A space where there was a break......"I am moving in there!"

Well guys, that is A N T S , Automatic Negative Thinking or Thoughts.

Opportunistic buggers that when your head is empty and no good things are distracting you.....you start to go to a negative place.

I am not who I was, I am not good anymore, does anyone really need me......"I wish I ..."... see it is an opportunistic weed that moves in to your head.

SO.................get out the weed killer, get the positives in your life on paper, the good things you do and offer to the world.....keep it where you can see it.

Go to it and look at it, maybe a photot album of JOY from your life. We are still valuable in this world and have a job to do. Think of those in wheelchairs or mamed by the landmines in the war. THEY find their way, their place and do make a difference in peoples lives.

I am big for " do something for someone and then the return is twice fold. IT FEELS so good. (good medicine)

Now I am not saying I don't have weeds in my head, I do. Regrets come with the territory....I am just saying knock em out before they really take hold.

When you are down...give it a day then OUT and UP...do something positive for you and for another, it will bounce you right back.

Well, that is my soapbox moment for today. Yes I thought of this in the shower getting ready for work, as I had each muscle that was doing the pulling of the weeds talk to me!. I thought "Opportunistic, thats what they are! and I had to share!"

Have a better day today....It takes 60 days to change your body chemistry, hope you are being good to you and eating well to acheive this and be a bit better then before.

All my best,Nancy B

Anon_10089 responded:
I wanted mostly to bump this up and thank you for expressing yourself.

So many posts here are understandably about people grieving for their lost pre-FM lives. I have had FM most of my life and so I don't really have a clear line of before and after but I know one of the biggest struggles with FM is finding our new "normal" and then, toughest of all, being okay with it.

I think all people have to come to their own moments of understanding that yes, their life is very different, feels lower in quality, and does not have a bright hope of feeling better. Then they're able to move on and find some joy and contentment again. But even with that acceptance, we have to fight to not be swallowed up by that same grief and hopelessness, as you described.

I also think this community is so valuable because people like you share their experiences and give even a thread of hope to others. Thanks again for volunteering your thoughts!

Anon_2912 responded:
I don't stay in the past, and the future is not something I worry about with FM, I am to busy enjoying the present...

My life is what i make it. It is a minute by minute living, because who knows if we will be here the next second....

Don't dwell never have...

Anon_10089 replied to Anon_2912's response:
Yes, that is good. It's very easy to feel victimized by FM. I'm sure people with other illnesses can fall prey to that. And in some ways we are the victim of whatever genetic chance brought FM on. But we never lose personal responsibility.

It is a process, though, for most people. I spent a good while feeling victimized by this and sometimes still do. But I like how Nancy always says we should get mad and fight FM--mad in the sense that we don't let it take over.

crystalscats responded:
Wow Nancy what a nice post! Like this thinking! I too have weeds once in a while. I love this site for the support and understanding and being able to vent once in while!

Moving it on up! again!

Crystal

booch007 responded:
Why did I post this? Because I have weeds all the time. I am alone most of the day if not working as the business keeps sons and DH so busy and then DH is so tired when he gets home that there is little room for anything (plus I am turning 90 again).

So, I really saw the analogy in the shower....I couldn't believe the weeds I had outside and how they found there way into all my stuff.....so I saw it so clear. I can't allow myself to get lost in "what happened to me?" Where is my life?

Staying in the now and making projects and plans and keeping busy "keeps the devil away". We were all told that as kids I am sure!

So, glad it was a positive for some. Nancy B

maggiethedoglover replied to booch007's response:
Hi Nancy B,

Your posts are always awesome, either in the information you so often provide or in the thoughts that you share with us.

Thanks for being here and contributing so often to this site. I look for your posts because I know you will either enlighten me or lift me up.

Thanks for the lift.

maggie

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

booch007 replied to maggiethedoglover's response:
Again wish there was a like button so people know you have read their words and thank them, or agree or just validate that "I have no comment at this time."

Thanks for the hug. I see so much everyday at work and the patients are my champions....fighting much bigger things then I (I think) They may say OUCH you are holding more....but htis is my perspective.

I try and speak to all of you as I do the patients in the office or the ICU.....everyone needs a hug, to feel heard or validated. NO matter the feeling they have. IT is real to them. Taking someone out of the dark place though is a challenge.....

I was so close to suicide years ago, the meds and eforts were not working until I changed my eating and hydration and supplements, so much better now.........When Olivia was born on my birthday someone said "god doesn't make mistakes....HE is telling you something.

"I heard it loud and clear"...not my time no matter what. SO glad I stayed.....so glad I have had this time to get to a better place in this mess....IT CAN HAPPEN. It just never seemed like it at the time.

Well, thanks..........TMI some times though I think! ((hugs)) Nancy B

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.