Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    TGIF***Roll Call and Friday 13th ****
    dollbug posted:
    TGIF****Friday 13th....and a good day to each of you.
    MiMi in NC...where it is still damp today and a promise of more showers...I think I have had about enough rain for a while now.

    Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest...and I hope today will be a good day for us all. I was sleeping pretty good until around 4:30 this morning...woke up for some not know exactly why...and I finally had to get up with the furbabies...I did not want to get up so early though..I am sure I will need some rest soon.

    Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group...we are blessed here to have not only one, but 2 doctors on board...Dr. P and Dr. Margaret...(see the top right hand corner for more info)...Got a question for them? Put their name on the subject line of your post to them and they will get back to you with a reply...

    Vitamin sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...which might make a difference in your pain level...
    do your own research on just might be quite surprised at how Vitamin D can affect our bodies...

    Check out the info under *tips* and *resources* I am sure you will find some good things to try...remember that what works for one may or may not work for does take a trial and error process though to figure this out...which does take should allow at least 6-8 weeks of whatever you decide to do (unless of course, you are getting worse)...before deciding whether or not what you are doing is helping you cope better...

    That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

    Today is Friday 13th....hope this is a safe day for all...


    My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..
    booch007 responded:
    Morning Mimi and Fmily,

    Dreamt of changing the hair color of my son'd DOG??? Where do dreams come from, YIKES!

    I leave for the hospital in an hour....not nervous to be at a strange place with a strange doctor on Friday the 13th! Good thing I am not superstitious! But eyebrows were raised at work yesterday....I am having the next session of vein removal from my left leg (my nemesis...) Left side of my whole body is just off* a bit.

    About 8" of loss. It is my 5th surgery and I am never without support hose. I have the lace topped sexy type, not the surgical looking type*...Got to have some pride as I am in white cotton undies and not sexy nylon ones!

    Well, I am being dropped off and I will call the deli for someone to pick me sense to sit there with me, I know this road. Plus it is Friday and the deli has no peace.

    A bit miffed though that my son is fishing this morning and that added to the stress of a ride to the hospital for me. Kids, no matter how old...they just miss the mark at times.

    Got a ride from my SIL, thank God for family and (fmily) Hee hee.

    Well, will have my leg in the air later so I dropped by now.

    Mimi hoping the back is quieter....Sharon what can be said, good luck with the continued healing....(I would look for a clip on fan to add to the cast to blow air in there!! ) Hope Dr P gives you the best advice for the P.T. problem.

    Ok, Hugs to all. May today be a low pain day. I am planning extra meds for this. You do tense up and get tight when they inject all the vascular length...pinch, pinch, pinch. So a towel for my neck roll (the pillow is just gonna be wrong) and extra meds after....ITS A PLAN. Always need a plan.

    May your day go smooth........Nancy B
    angelswife responded:
    Good morning, Mimi!
    A much quieter day today, and badly needed after yesterday. Yesterday was beyond exhausting, more than I bargained for.

    I began my day by going to a closeout yarn sale with a friend...the store sells nothing but specialty yarn and is going out of business. We got there at 9:30; by 10:00 when the store opened, there were almost 60 people lined up waiting to get in. I had my walker so I was allowed to sit on one of the benches right in front of the door. I joked with some of the others that they wouldn't have to worry about me cutting them off to get inside.

    But what a madhouse it was---all these people crammed into this tiny store. I could barely move around. After 25 minutes I couldn't feel half my foot any more and had to look for a place to sit down. There wasn't much room to do that either.

    I finally got three skeins of yarn, and gave them to my friend to pay for. There was no way I could stand in that long line---instead I went out and waited in her van with my foot propped up on the dashboard. She was in line for almost an hour before she finally got to the checkout. She looked really wrung out by the time she got back to the van.

    By the time we got home and I got up the stairs, I was so tired from the exertion that my ankle would no longer support me. All I wanted to do was eat lunch and sleep for a week. But I had the funeral service to go to, so I had to be content with a 20-minute nap. I was still tired when Husband and I went to the service later in the afternoon, but I couldn't not go. I've known these people (the two who died) and the family for almost 20 years.

    The service itself was good ---there were SO many people there. But getting into the funeral home---UGH. The grumpy undertaker directing traffic first demanded if I could get into the funeral home with a cast; then he had Husband park all the way across the parking lot in the spot farthest from the building. I sucked it up and made the trek, but my ankle didn't like it one bit. By the time I got inside, it was not only not holding me up; it was paralyzed and wouldn't move. My foot was paralyzed too---the toes wouldn't move---and it felt really strange. If I hadn't had a cast, it would have been dragging on the ground.

    But I paid my respects and shed some more tears...Husband told me to keep it together, and I replied that it was a funeral service and I was allowed to cry. It felt very strange to see my gentle, smiling friend lying there in a casket, with her husband's casket beside hers. I couldn't NOT cry, seeing that. I miss them both and I will for some time to come. 20 years is a long time to know someone.

    I was done when we got home. I had to rest my leg for an hour before I could move my toes again. It was several hours before my ankle and foot stopped feeling strange. It was a cold, burning, heavy feeling and it felt like things were too weak to move. I am hoping this was from overdoing it and it isn't a nerve issue. If it's a nerve issue, it doesn't bode well for my gardening.

    Anyway, today is much better. I've been out on the deck since early this morning, crocheting with my new yarn and watching the birds. I have had the thrilling experience of seeing the Hairy and Downy woodp*ckers teaching their young how to eat from the suet feeder, and I never get tired of watching that. Mom feeds the babies with a lot of "talking"; then she encourages them to hop onto the feeder themselves. It's amazing what I get to see when I sit still and watch.

    Whew---I have been long-winded this morning. Think it's time to get back to my crocheting. Hope everyone has a good day!
    angelswife replied to booch007's response:
    Nancy---forgot to say I hope your surgery goes well, with little pain. I'll be thinking of you and hoping you can rest outdoors afterwards.
    teelady1 responded:
    TGIF!!! Happy Friday!

    Wow - did I sleep well last night! I had a great massage last evening and felt very relaxed. After a couple of nights of not-so-good sleep, I was exhausted and fell asleep as soon as I turned off the light and my head hit the pillow! I wish I could have slept longer this morning - but needed to get up to go to work.

    Mimi ... again I wish you could send some of that rain this way (Chicago area)! We are so dry here! Hoping to get a little rain over the weekend - at least they say there's a chance of rain on Sat and Sun - along with the 90s and high humidity.

    Going out to dinner with friends tomorrow night to a French restaurant for Bastille Day. Ever since my friend suggested it, I've been wanting some crepes. YUM!

    Wishing everyone a great day and weekend with little or no pain - and good sleep!
    fibrofran17 replied to booch007's response:
    Nancy, will send prayers your way today and keep you in my thoughts, be peace and take good care, fibrofran
    crystalscats responded:
    Good morning all. Nancy good luck today. MiMi hope the back is better today. Angelswife hope the foot is better. I too sit out on my deck and so see much wonderful life around me. We recently moved to beautiful WV.

    Had about my average amount of sleep last night, around 4 hrs.Still not feeling too bad today. I have some errands to run. My dear son said he would drive me. So thankful for his help, as I know the errands will knock me out later.

    Crossing my fingers, I applied to 5 jobs yesterday. Let's see if any of them call me for an interview? One I would really like to have as seems just what I was doing in Jersey for yrs. So we shall see!

    The weather here again today is beautiful, in the 70's. Gentle mountain breeze. Well need to get ready to run the errands.

    Gentle hugs and hoping for a good day for all !!!!

    DakotaWilsonFM responded:
    Hi all... Happy Friday... Hope you all had a better week then I have had... We have had strep throat attack us... first the 2 that spent the weekend at mom's... then the cousins visiting... then poor Daddy gets a triple whammy with sinus infection... ear infection... and strep... Hailey the 3 yr old and Dommy the 8 yr old have had the fever bad... the other two... Ethan 5 and Janet 11 have had lower fevers and don't like the word slow down... It was easy to slow the other 2 down lol... but when it doesn't make you feel really really sick like it did them they don't understand...

    Keeping them cool has been the chore... 100 plus degrees outside... lol... Even the air didn't want to battle that alone lol... and the air isn't that great for me but the heat makes me real weak and I didn't have time for that so I settled for the pain...

    My new meds are helping my energy level... I think... that and an Arizona Tea every once in a while... I chose to try rape flavored... it isn't bad but the size of the drink makes 4 servings for me... but then it is spaced out some... and I feel it's benefit... The B12 and C-Q10 I think is helping too... but it is time to increase the B12 again... so we shall see... We have changed 2 meds and quit 2 meds and added 4 supplements so we are increasing and decreasing slowly... but I do feel less tired... except when I don't sleep well...

    I am still colitis free and am feeling pretty good that way... I am still waiting for the meds from Canada they had to reship them... My Dr. still has me on a small dose of reglan but I will be off it in a few days... and was hoping the new meds were in and ready to go... I am still watching for them...

    My Parkinson's Symptoms haven't settled down yet... I can concentrate on blocking them a little better but not for long... The Dr is beginning more tests... but the nerve conductivity test had to be put off and may still need more time... my RSD is having a flare in both legs and they are severely swollen and red... which means the nerves are messed up too...

    I try to keep them up as much as I can... but mine doesn't respond to much... just have to ride it out... could be days... weeks... even a month or longer...

    oh well... there always has to be something huh... my FM pain is just that a pain lately... my depression is here and there for they took me off my abilify and the good news is my bloodsugars are alot better now I am off it... too bad I wasn't informed it effected sugars...

    I got a little grouchy the other night and my visiting grandchildren wanted their meds and to go to bed at 7:30... they said maybe I would be in a better mood in the morning... poor babies... I just thought I was being quiet... guess I snapped a little too... I profusely appoligized... and made sure I was better in the morning... at least tried to fake it... lol...

    well... guess I had better run before it is Saturday when I send this... lol... Mimi hang in there... Nancy get the needed rest you need... and Angelswife glad to hear you are healing... take special care of yourself... you are a special lady... and deserve special care... I love you dearly... even in the heat I keep my shawl near me... It helps my angry pain... and I send up a hug and kiss every time I think of you which is often...

    Bless all of you with whatever you need the most... Be compassionate and understanding to yourself and accept yourself as you are... you have made a step to recovery...

    take care... luv... Jan/Dakota

    Helpful Tips

    For All our new members
    Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    403 of 430 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.