Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday ****7/14/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily.....MiMi in NC...where it is still wet....been this way for most of the week now..and I think I have had enough of it now....a little rain is good but when you get so much of it at one time....well...it can get to be a pain....and we all know what this is like...at least it has been cooler....

I woke up too early again this morning but I did manage to drift back off to sleep...I am still having issues...but I am not as sick as I have been...haven't eaten much either...I do not have a taste for anything at all...

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest...and I hope today will be a good day for all of us...

My younger son and DH are going down to repair a small pond....so it will just be me and the dogs today....

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group...I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better...it does take time...as I do not know of any quick fixes....anything and everything is a process in dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM....you will gets lots of good information here....check out the entire web site...as you will find other interesting subjects as well.

Vitamin D....so important...be sure and ask your doctor to check this....as low Vitamin D can cause some of us to have additional pain...and it can also affect other illnesses as well..

Have a good Saturday....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi,
Short post today...the week has caught up with me and I am really flaring this morning. The weather doesn't help---it's humid and showery. It will be in the 90s again today. Yesterday it was 99!

We had rain overnight...Husband forgot to clear the deck off, and my crocheting got rained on. He has to bring it in since I can't carry much, and it got left outside overnight. He felt very bad about it and apologized...I had to fight back a laugh when I watched him laying everything out ever so carefully. He usually grumbles about it; so it was nice to see how he really feels. I am hoping the skeins of yarn didn't get wet all the way through, because I have no idea how I would dry them out.

The cat just tried to jump into my lap...she didn't realize I was in shorts and she slipped. Of course she dug in her claws for traction...OUCH. I will have to go clean the scratches out.

Hope everyone has a good day...I will be in my usual place on the deck once everything dries out.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good moning ladies,

Our visit with my in-laws is going very well. We all get along nicely and have a good time when we get together. The weather has beed dry and warm, we just have a little chance of rain coming.

I am very upset about work. Long story short, my supervisors are not living up to what they promised. I lost 5 months in my program to be millwright doing work that was not my responsibility. Now that one quit I should get the position but I am not qualified because of the extra work. Had I not done it I would be qualified, and making $3 more an hr. They said I would get the next open position and now they won't back up their word. I won't trust them again. I don't like it when poeple toy with my livelyhood.

Aside from that mess, I am doing alright. I havent heard from the new RH yet, I hope to soon, and keep the ball rolling. I think she will get to the bottom of this.

I had a massage the other day, I had no idea that my back was so trashed. She spent almost an hr trying to straighten it out, and I had 2 very tender spots that just about launched me off the table. She is an excellent therapist and an RN, those two spots caught her by surprise too. My last one gave me 6 days of feeling great. I hope I get the same relief again. Ireccomend massage. If you can find a good therapist it can be a great wy to improve how you feel, even if it doesn't last that long.

I hope you all stay cool, dry, and painf free today, Angelswife, I hope your flair goes away. Mimi, I hope you feel better. Take care everyone,

Cory

maggiethedoglover responded:
Good afternoon MiMi and everyone else,

Sure wish we could get some of that rain in Wisconsin! We did have 2 very brief showers yesterday and early in the morning, but it is far from enough after a month of hot, dry weather. The crops are shrivelling in the fields for the farmers. We now have a forecast of 4 days of hot dry weather with a bit of cooling next week.

MiMi, I hope that you will soon be better! You are such a loyal contributor to this community. Thanks so much for your welcome to newcomers and your crusade to educate everyone on the need to ensure that we are all getting enough of it.

Angelswife, you are also someone who holds this community together and I thank you for that. We had a few days in the upper 90's and low 100's this week so I know how you feel. To me, the heat is the worst. When it moved from 100 down to 95 degrees, I couldn't believe we could actually feel the difference!

Cory, I'm so sorry to hear about your job. Life sure isn't fair, especially when you're penalized for helping out. You probably have been suffering through the same drought as we have. You too are becoming a regular. You are right about massage and the need to find the right therapist. I had one years ago but the insurance will only cover physical therapy and not many visits and the price of a good massage is not in my budget.

I've been trying to work in the garden each day. Usually, I can get a few hours in early in the day. Today, I stared moving some plants out of too much sun and into the backyard shade. So far, one hydrangea is all I accomplished. My plants got burned by the heatwave and suffered along with the rest of us.

I hope that you and everyone who is a part of this wonderful community, enjoy your weekend and that your pain levels are low.

Soft hugs,

maggie

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

fibroinsd responded:
Afternoon all..

So sorry I have been not around as much lately...nothing special..just the usual stuff...trying to do stuff with DH and not ignore mom and dad...so many things still going on with them...I was over there this morning..It is exhausting..

I am so sorry I have missed so much...Sharon, so sorry you have been going through so much lately..and mimi..always hoping you start figuring out what is going on and find a way to feel better...Nancy..hope that surgery recovery goes well..Cory..sure understand about the job situation...I am so trying to get a better job and it is so frustrating..Sure sounds like they should have rewarded you for the extra work, not punished you...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...Maggie..hope the garden survives this summer...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

thenikki64 responded:
Mimi,
What does DH stand for? I know it is a spouse, but for the life of me I can't figure it out. Darling Husband? Designated Hitter? Just kidding on that one. If it is Darling Husband, no doubt I have one of those!

Saturday was my 48th birthday, and it started out lovely. My DH got me an iPhone and a Macy's gift card. I LOVE shopping online at Macy's. The sales are killer, and I'm a purse fanatic. My day did go a little downhill. This rheumatoid arthritis is making me nuts. I walked with one of my dogs, and pressing the clips to release her harness made me scream in pain. I am still learning what I can and cannot do, but I haven't seen the rheumatologist yet, so hopefully he'll get me on the right meds and this will be much better.

My son in Afghanistan was able to send me a birthday note, but I so wanted a call. It has been a month since we have spoken with him. My husband is trying to get a job for 6 months in Afghanistan (he works for the Army, a civilian, engineer). Bill would leave about the same time Pat returns. These boys are going to kill me with worry. My husband feels a call to this duty, and the extra money is definitely needed, so I support him entirely, but the worry will be there.

I am so thankful for such a wonderful extended family and a great work family, too. They have all been so helpful with this hand limitation, and as a veterinarian, it has been pretty limiting. My clients are so wonderful, my workmates are, too, and I feel truly blessed.

It is sunny here in South Georgia, so I hope everyone else gets a chance to dry out. Keep cool!
Pam in Savannah

thenikki64 replied to angelswife's response:
I do hope your crocheting is okay! That is such beautiful work, something I have never mastered. Those kitty nails...I should go trim my cats' nails right now while I'm thinking about it!
Pam

thenikki64 replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory,
That job thing stinks. Would it be too much to ask for something in writing? Even in the small business I work in, if we discuss some type of compensation, I write up a contract and have my boss sign it. It has saved me a couple of times. Sounds like I don't trust my boss, but we all forget things.

I am having a massage tomorrow. The last one I had has been over a month ago, and I did okay with that, so I am looking forward to this one.

Maggie, I love to garden, but in coastal Georgia the heat is so ridiculous if you don't have an irrigation system, you're out of luck. I go to the farmer's market and get the good stuff there, and I do have some friends who share their bounty with me.

Ya'll keep cool!
Pam

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to thenikki64's response:
Hi Pam,

'DH' usually stands for 'dear husband' or 'darling husband' as you guessed.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

thenikki64 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you, Caprice!
Pam

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to thenikki64's response:
You're very welcome, Pam!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
464 of 539 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.