Skip to content
Monday ****Monday ****7/16/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC..where it is dry today but showers are expected in some areas...truly I have had enough dampness for a while...it is suppose to get hot and muggy again...but next week end will bring cooler weather...I am glad as we have some outside fence work to do...been too hot to work outside...

Here is hoping each of you had a good week-end and I hope today will be a good day for us all. It was a pretty quiet week-end for me....Noah and his mommy was out of town and my daughter's in laws were in town...so it was just DH and I for Sunday dinner..we had BBQ pork chops, baked potato and salad..it was really good...

I woke up too early this morning but I am feeling a bit better...sick feeling is still there but not as bad...I am still feeling the back pain...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group...I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...learn all you can about how others deal with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM...just remember that what helps one may or may not help you...it might take a combination of *tools* that will improve you quality of life...this is a process and it does take time and effort...

Vitamin D...be sure and ask your doctor about checking your Vitamin D...which is so important for a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Have a good Monday...

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
Just woke up (YAWN!). I haven't even had my coffee yet.

It's still sticky---it's supposed to be humid and in the 90s right through Wednesday. I can't get the swelling down in my ankle no matter what I do. My leg really hates this kind of weather! If I didn't have the cast on, I would soak my leg in cool water. That would feel really good, I'm sure.

Today is they "big day", though. I have my appointment this afternoon to have the cast taken off and get my leg evaluated. I am hoping the bones have healed enough now so I can "graduate" to a brace, one that I can take off! I haven't been able to wash or shave that part of my leg since April, and it feels yucky. My leg hair is probably long enough to crochet.

I am nervous about the appointment...I will probably find out more about the nerve damage and what that means long term. I am having a lot stabbing pains and surface tenderness around the incisions and on the top of my foot, instability in my ankle even with the cast, and pain, numbness and tremors in my toes. I am hoping the MD won't stick me back in a cast because of the pain---that was one of the reasons he put me back in one last time. I've tried really hard not to complain, but I'm seriously ready to trade the cast for a brace. I've been in a cast for almost 13 weeks.

We had a good, soaking rain last night, along with thunderstorms. We needed the rain, though. Everything is drenched this morning. I'll have to wait for things to dry out before I can sit out on the deck.

Hope everyone has a good day---cross your fingers for me! I'll be back on after the appointment and let you know how it went.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Monday everyone. I sure hope your weekend was good and that you had little to no fibro issues or pain.

Well I am back and nothing weather wise has changed here: it's still hot and sticky! It was hot in Los Angeles and it's hot here. NO hot weather break for me ;( Seems like this has been going on for months now.

MiMi, sorry you are still feeling stomach issues. I had hoped you would have been feeling better.

angleswife, I have my fingers crossed for your appointment today! I am hoping your new cast is a walking cast and that you will be able to take it off so you can soak your leg when the leg or ankle swells. I thought of when I saw Fall scarfs in stores. But I gotta say my yarn was better than any of the ones I looked at. Yeah me.

Got back home around 1 a.m. today. Long day as we had to make a connection flight in Phoenix, AZ and were held there due to bad late afternoon storms. UGH. But our time in LA was nice all the way around. I got some beach time in and even went food trucking. We spent one day helping the sister who lost her husband, the next we were at the viewing and the next at the funeral service, burial and reception. Long day.

DH ended up doing some home repairs for his sister while those of us ate, talked and caught up at the reception. Poor DH, he has the kindest heart and his sister really appericated his help. I lost count of the times I heard his older sisters tell him " I love you so much! " Or " I think of you so often and wish you could move back " home ". DH is the baby of 13. His oldest sister is 87, soon to be 88. He had 9 sisters and 3 brothers, both younger, but he lost the one closest to him 4 years ago. He has 2 adopted brothers. Over the years he has lost 2 sisters, one brother and one adopted brother. And sadly we learned some of his family are fighting Cancer. Made it really hard for him to leave knowing he many never see them again.

I was surprised that I didn't go into a fibro related flare while out in LA. Esp. when it came to foods. I couldn't eat so many foods and couldn't take many of what I can eat with me so I ate foods that could have triggered IBS but thank goodness I made it home and so far, so good. So many places to eat there and so little on the menus that I could order. Frustrating ;(

I have errands to run today but aside from that not much needs to be done. And late tonight DD and GS are back from China. From the few texts or emails she could send, she told me of how amazing a trip it had been. I am so glad she and GS got the chance to go. She is bringing me back a small Terracotta army figurine, a hand painted and made for me, wind chime and a small tea pot and some tea. Nice.

Also over the weekend my middle daughter told me she and her DH are pretty sure they are going to have another baby. That will make grand child # 7 for us. We were smiling all they way home as we know we will get a chance to know this little one since they'll be right next door to us in North Carolina. DD will be 100% sure a week from now. Can't wait.

Okay, need to get wash out and into the dryer.

Have a great day everyone. Gentle hugs going out to each of you. Linda R.

crystalscats responded:
Hello, It is sunny once again here. We did have a late afternoon brief shower yesterday. I do enjoy the sun even if it does break me out in a rash. LOL

I was feeling pretty good. Then a bout of chronic fatigue and IBS struck me. I went to bed Friday at 10 pm after falling asleep several times in the recliner. I slept until 11am, which if very unusual for me! Then zonked right back out on the recliner until 2 pm. Only got up when my stomach made me. I ran errands by self on Friday morning and I was paying for it.

I slept thru last night as well, but still having trouble staying awake again today. Also still have the IBS issues. I feel like I have the flu, hopefully I'll have a good day soon again. I am still working on the pace, pace and pace some more. Maybe one day I will learn! LOL

Hope all feel better soon. MiMi, Angelswife, Nancy take care, hugs your way for healing.

Crystal

fibroinsd responded:
Been a long day here...I wasn't sleeping this morning..so I got up and went and exercised...pretty unusual for me...but I am under so much stress, it was a good thing to do..

Then off to check on my weight loss place..My old counselor has left, so I have a new one..and I am very happy with her...She and I talked over trying to build muscle, etc..

Then off to take my parents off to the lawyer's office...they are updating the will...and it was all not fun stuff to talk about...who is the power of attorney, etc..but good to get done..

Then off to take mom and dad to lunch...which was ok..now home..

Linda, sorry you hit the hot weather in LA..glad the trip went as well as it could, considering..and that you are home safe and sound..and hopefully in some air conditioning !

Oh..mimi...speaking of cooking...DH made fried chicken last night that was awesome !!!! I wanted to eat and eat and eat..had to hold myself back..but I think there are leftovers tonight !

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.