Skip to content
Your 2012 Goals
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
We've passed the halfway point of 2012 so from the perspective of reflecting, I'm now wondering…

What are/were your goals for this year and how are you progressing in meeting them? Have you added new ones since the beginning of the year?

What are your dreams and how are you working towards them?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

katmandulou responded:
My goals were pretty much the same: get business, knit everyday and be the best person I can be.

So I continue to knit mittens for charity, and I'm the best darned person you'll ever meet.

Last fall, DH said he was going to lose weight. By Christmas, he was down almost a pant size. Really??? it must be easy! So on February 13 I said I'll give it a go too. I slathered on 30 pounds after my FM diagnosis; it's the meds, you know. Here it is, July 17 and I've lost 23 pounds. WOOHOO! The downside - my business has had no work this year (until four weeks ago) and I can't afford a new wardrobe. LOL

I've been saying there's a smaller woman inside, but I give her candy and ice cream and she quits whining. And that class reunion is in September.
Lou

Randm2220 responded:
My goal this year is to just get through it.

I lost my job in march due to fibro so money is very tight. I have file for social security disability so waiting in that.

Next year we will have some real goals!

Kim

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to katmandulou's response:
Hey, Lou, well done to both you and your husband! Even without the ability to get a new wardrobe, it's pretty nice, isn't it?

I hope the work situation picks up.

Enjoy that class reunion!

P.S. If/when you get a chance, can you please check your email account, the one that's registered with us at WebMD? Thanks.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Randm2220's response:
Sometimes that's all we can do... get through a tough year. (((softhugs)))

I hope that 2013 is kinder to you, Kim.

angelswife responded:
I had some goals for this year---the biggest one was earning enough money so we could move. But everything fell by the wayside after I got hurt so badly. Now my goals are to re-learn to walk, and to be patient with this @#$%*!! healing process. I'll be building my web site too!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to angelswife's response:
Life really does have a way of throwing us curve balls, doesn't it? (((softhugs)))

Good luck with the walking and the web site, dear Angelswife.

Old1now responded:
My goals have become very small and limited. One thing toward getting the garage cleaned up. One thing toward cleaning or organizing the house each day. The one thing may be emptying the trash or loading the dishwasher. Goal for the garage. Mid December. For the house---a place for everything , junk removed and maintenance simplified--March.

The thing that is hardest for me to do is to go back to my " one thing" routine after a week or so of a bad flare. I get discouraged and think,"Why try?". Then the clutter builds and everything is more difficult. Over the last year I've gotten better at throwing out, recycling, and taking to GoodWill.

Some days "one thing " is too much. But the rule is "one thing". No make-up days If I can't do it, it's OK. I don't try to double up. I'm attempting to get some consistent progress without causing energy overload and crash.

katmandulou replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks Caprice - I wish you abundant asparagus!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Old1now's response:
Clearing out the clutter can really be a great thing in the long run, even if it means some work to get yourself there.

Listen to your body as you move towards your goals. (And no goal is too small.) (((softhugs))) I pace myself with mine too.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to katmandulou's response:
Thank you, Lou!

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.