Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
hi
street59 posted:
have been having pain in my jaw it hurts to open my mouth any help out there

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Street,

You need to see your medical provider. This may be due to your Fibro and RA but it may be something else too. Either way, see your doctor.

Let us know how it goes for you.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

1wareaglefan responded:
Hello....I'd get it checked out, too, but I have this at times. It could be TMJ. I believe it's caused from grinding your teeth at night, and you may not be aware of it. I have to be careful when I go to the dentist and hold my mouth open for a long time, b/c it really hurts me, and has gotten out of line before.

I'm also careful when I yawn. I've read where it can be a symptom of fibro. There is a mouthguard you can wear, if that's what you have. You can get it from your dentist, and I believe they sell them at drugstores.

street59 replied to 1wareaglefan's response:
my ra doc says it my ra

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.