Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New med
Randm2220 posted:
Well, here goes...... Off my celexa and going to start cymbalta. I really don't enjoy med changes. I have felt like poop the past week coming off celexa. A few weeks ago I tried to come off lyrica with no success at all. What a miserable week that was! Nervous about beginning cymbalta. I have heard the side effects the first 2 weeks are no fun.

My DH has been very kind during the med change. He understands. Thank goodness... He did get a bit snippy once when I was not being very nice. Hopefully the cymbalta will do the trick.

Kim

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I hope that this med change ends up being a positive one for you, Kim.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Teelady1 responded:
Good luck, Kim. I haven't tried cymbalta so I can't comment on it - but many people do take it. I hope it works well for you. Glad your DH has been understanding - that helps.

I'm trying a new med myself - flexeril - a muscle relaxant. Hoping it will help with reducing the muscle tension at night which wakes me up. I just got the prescription today. Will try it tonight.

xperky responded:
Hi Kim, medicine changes are rough. Last week I changed Meloxicam to Voltaren and am feeling out of sorts. I've vowed to give it a few weeks, but today's diahrrea is pretty miserable.

You have been very smart about reducing gradually and then adding your new medicine. Hopefully what you've heard about the first 2 weeks will not apply to you!
With Compassion,
Margaret

Randm2220 responded:
Thanks for the kind thoughts. Yesterday was a very foggy day. I couldn't concentrate on anything for very long. Also, upset tummy.

Tee lady, I take flexeril at night for the same thing and it has helped quite a bit with the night muscle tension. It doesnt get rid of it, but it has decreased it.

I hope all have a relatively pain free day!

Hugs

Kim

booch007 responded:
Just dropping a note to say "good luck"....Nancy B

1wareaglefan replied to booch007's response:
Yes, good luck, and I understand about the "dreaded medicine change."

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.