Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Where is everybody from with FM
fibromo21 posted:
I am from Rochester Indiana 35 and been Dx since Oct 2010....I dislike this alot just putting that out there..lol
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Yeah, it ain't fun, is it?

I live in British Columbia near the coast and have been diagnosed with FM since 1993. What I've learned is that everyone has one thing or another and this is what I have, and so I have found ways to live my life - different than I'd planned but still filled with good things - and work around the pain and fatigue as I can.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

fibromo21 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
I really like that!! Nice to meet you Caprice..

Teelady1 responded:
I live in No. IL. Fibro diagnosis about 1 year ago. Thinking back there were symptoms much earlier. I also know now that my Mom had fibro - I don't think she ever had a Dr give her that diagnosis.

fibromo21 replied to Teelady1's response:
Nice to meet you Teelady1..I was born and raised in IL and born in Normal.. i had pain earlier too but allways thought it was just the way life was going to be..

Teelady1 replied to fibromo21's response:
Nice to meet you, fibromo21. I know Normal well ... lived there and in Bloomington when I went to grad school at ISU. I grew up in the Chicago area. I live out NW of Chicago - about halfway between Chicago and Rockford.

Randm2220 responded:
Fibromo,

I live in peachtree city, Georgia. Been dx'd for 3 years now, but have had for a lot more. I, too, thought it was normal. It really stinks. Lol

Kim

1wareaglefan responded:
Hey! I'm from Montgomery, AL. I've been diagnosed for 4 years, right after I retired from teaching. I've had symptoms for years, though. AND, I DON'T LIKE IT!!

fibromo21 replied to Randm2220's response:
nice to meet you Randm2220

fibromo21 replied to 1wareaglefan's response:
nice to meet you 1wareaglefen!!

thenikki64 responded:
I'm from Savannah, Georgia, lived here all my life except some college years. I was diagnosed 3 years ago but have had issues for much longer. The first neurologist I went to told me the pain and numbness were in my head even though I had abnormalities on my nerve conduction tests in my right leg. I stopped pursuing treatment for a few years after that until I could ignore it no longer. The fatigue is what gets me. I come home from work and crash, and I used to be so very active. Like Caprice says, not the life I expected but the one I have, so make it work:)
Pam

booch007 replied to thenikki64's response:
Good morning, Grew up on Long Island at the "Jones Beach" and then went to college in the "Bronx" met DH and married after nursing was finished....the moved to Putnam County which is one hour north of the Bronx and easy commute tot he city. I am just above Westchester County, where I work. 20 minute ride to the office now......

Grew up in a "mayberry" town.....small and like a bubble. JUST RIGHT! Nancy B

fibroinsd responded:
Hi...I live in San Diego...can't remember the date of dx...but awhile..sometimes I am on here more than now...just seems like I don't get everything done I need to these days...I have elderly parents that seem to take much to much of my time these days..and add much too much stress !

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Hello Fibromo21, I was born in Kentucky, lived in southern Indiana in my teen years and lived in different parts of Florida as an adult. Then I moved back to Indiana from 1995 to 2009. I now live north of Panama City. I was Dx February 2012, but have had symptoms for many years. It is very nice to meet you. Gentle hugs, Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

fibromo21 replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
Nice to meet you too Debra!!

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
369 of 396 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.