Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Non opiod drug to treat untreatable pain
deansmimi posted:
Europe has had a nonopiod drug to treat untreatable pain for 25 years
called Flupirtine. for more info, go to http://healthmattersshow.com/?p=20771 . Also google Vitality101/ More evidence that Flupirtine can
relieve untreatable pain. The FDA has had it for two years (under a different name, that you will find in one of the articles above) testing it.? It looks very promising. Hope you all find this very interesting.
If it's worked for 25 yrs in Europe, I wonder why it has to be tested for so long in the U.S.? Maybe it could get us off all the drugs we try that
don't help us.

deansmimi
Marie

maggiethedoglover responded:
Hi Deansmimi,

Thank you for the info and the link. The articles were quite convincing. They do seem to say that Flurpitine is approved for pain relief, just not specifically fibromyalgia (or am I reading it incorrectly?). I am referencing an article titled "The evolving understanding of the analgesic mechanism of action of Flupirtine" published by RB Raffa and JV Pergolizzi Jr. of the Temple University Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences. I am planning to discuss this with my doctor.

I am currently using Lyrica & Tramadol and am tired most of the time. I try to fight my way through the fatique but it is difficult.

Please, if anyone else has info on this drug, please respond.

Thanks!

Soft hugs,

maggie

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.