Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday ****7/24/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where it is still hot, already 75* and muggy....with showers of rain expected off and on again...but it is summertime...so I guess actually we can expect anything..I think I might actually feel better it the weather was better...if seems like the heat just absorbs what little bit of energy I have each day...

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest...and I hope today will be a good day for all of us as well...

I am still having back pain issues...have not heard back from the doctor yet about my x-rays...I guess if I do not hear today then I will be forced to call his office again with a message about this...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group...I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better...it does take a trial and error process to find just the right combination of tools that will help you...so hang in there and keep on keeping on....

Be sure and check out the information under *tips* and *resources*....as well as other area right here on WebMD...there are all sorts of places to explore right here...on all sorts of issues...

Vitamin D...be sure and speak to your doctor aobut getting your Vitamin D level checked....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well...

I hope those of you who are having health issues and other issues will soon find that you are in a better place and dealing with whatever you have been *blessed/cursed* with is improving with time...

Try to find something to make your day a better one.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
I haven't been on much...I've felt tired and blue for a few days. The "monthly visitor" is late this month and that's not helping things one bit.

I am feeling a little discouraged. I've had a lot more issues with swelling and pain since the cast came off. It is more obvious how widespread the nerve damage is, and I'm not thrilled about that. Husband thinks I've always had the swelling but just didn't see it because the cast was keeping it in check. I am not complaining about losing the cast, of course; but the increase in both pain and swelling feels like I've lost ground. I am trying to be patient and it's not easy!

Yesterday the pain was 24-7. All the nerves were burning, and I could only reduce the swelling by soaking my foot and ankle in cold water. It was humid and rainy out, and I just felt miserable. I really wanted to bite someone, lol.

I am going to consult with my PCP about managing this issue for the long term. I am assuming this is normal and it will pass with time---I've never had an injury this severe and I don't know what's normal and what isn't. I am sure he can give me some guidelines.The only thing the surgeon said was, everything would take 18 months to heal fully, and if the nerve damage hadn't healed by then it wouldn't. It's nice to know, but not very helpful for managing what I'm dealing with now. I want to know what all my options are.

On the good side, I went to the Health Food Store with Husband yesterday and treated myself to a couple of things. We also stopped at the grocery store. I overdid it a bit, and my ankle was paralyzed again when we got home, but that resolved after I soaked it in cold water for an hour. I am still learning what my new limits are.

I am off to the deck---it's beautiful and sunny today, and my crocheting is calling me. I need to start writing the pages for my web site too. Hope everyone has a good day!

crystalscats responded:
Good morning all !

Well not so good here today. I have fallen twice in the last 3 days. Last night my feet were so swollen I thought my skin can't stretch that much and would break open. My toes were swollen and red, like big fat sausages. Now woke this morning and boy am I in a flare. Nothing seems to help so far.

I think I have been stressed too much lately too. I trying so hard to find a job before my unemployment runs out. They either just don't answer back or I get the too qualified for the job. No sh** Sherlock I am over qualified didn't think I knew that when applied? Ever think I wanted something less than what I had before?? It's just so frustrating for me as I have never had a problem before getting a job. Now with all my issues and turned that wonderful corner of 50 no one seems to want to hire me

Well done venting. Feet up in the recliner and already my arms are aching from typing. I hear thunder in the distance too. MiMi and Angelswife hope you both feel better soon. This dragon is certainly dragging today!

Crystal

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.