Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Trust and Love
fibromo21 posted:
I feel so low and in pain right now.My fibro is in full force...Shakey legs and muscles feel so pulled.and hard to sit and hard to stand so nothen seem to help and right now i have no pain pills from my dr.My husband and i are having a hard time with the pain that i am having..I have to learn to like myself again and trust my husband..After my theryipe today i have come to relize that its myself asteem and that i think that my husband should not love me since i am sick and had so many surgerys..I know i need to let him deside what is best for him..I love my husband and my life!!

crystalscats responded:
I so know how you are feeling! My joints over the yrs have changed, I hate my toes and my hands the worst! I have fallen twice now in 3 days. So today I am in a big flare. No relief, my Tramadol is only taking some of the edge off. But better than nothing. Oh, I have lost a lot of hair, neck down, none!

I am in the recliner today with my feet up. Last night I was sooo swollen I almost went to the ER. I thought my skin could not possibly stretch that far out!

But my hubby and son are there helping me thank goodness. I wear wigs when I go out. I don't dare where sandals and show my toes. The hands when people see, actually help me since we moved to WV. They carry my bags for me etc. I am so glad to be back south, I love the southern hospitality. But yes it can be a real kicker on our self esteem!

Crystal

debrabrooks1960 responded:
I understand what you you are going through . I have had the same feelings. I feel so guilty putting such a burden on my husband and family. I try to make it up to them on my good days. My husband does so much for me. I tell him everyday that I love him and that I am so grateful for all his help. It is so hard to shut the negative thoughts off. Try having a talk with your husband to see how he really feels. He must really love you because he has stood by you through all the surgeries and all the pain. The worst thing you can do is keep quite and let you thoughts take over and think the worse. I hope your pain goes away soon. It sounds like you are really suffering. You are in my prayers. Your friend, Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

fibromo21 replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
Thanks DebraBrooks. and Crystal
I did have a talk with my hubby and it did help..I am just looking forward to my dr. appointment in a few weeks to talk about pain meds cause the flare ups are just so hard to deal with sometimes but havin freinds like you..sorry if i am just so down
fibromo21

xperky replied to fibromo21's response:
Sorry you are feeling so lost right now. It is good that your husband is supportive and I imagine that helps you a lot.

Good luck at your doctor appointment. Be sure to go in organized and with a list of specific symptoms and description of the type of pain you feel. That might help him prescribe the best match of medicine for you.

I don't know if you like warm baths, but I count on them for pain relief and a general feeling of well-being. I also find that staying well hydrated with water helps. Just a couple things to try for relief.

Nice to meet you.
With Compassion,
Margaret

booch007 replied to fibromo21's response:
Most here have been in this spot and some still fight with it each day. For a long time 600mg of Motrin took the edge off for me, maybe it could help until the doctor sees you? I now use tramadol.

Don't forget the love of heating pads for the muscles....and hydrate with water or good fluids. Watch Aspartame in the sodas and diet drink, it is a neurotoxin and increases your pain.

Check out the toolbox under resources for so many ideas from the fmily to help you.

I am glad to hear the DH is supportive and loving, this is a milestone. That dang guilt we carry...a bad pill placed in our heads that we have to be all to everyone.......be kind to you. As children we see the world one way and then as life progresses we evolve into this "DO IT ALL" Woman......and when we no longer can do it all....we are gulity. What? How does this happen? It is so sad.

Illness and challenge is a given for most people, you pray it won't be too bad...like deformity and cancer and life threatening issues....but the chronic.....chronic anything is a day by day fight to hold on to yourself. And you are so right that self esteem and finding self worth within yourself is so valuable.

We are important in the world and to the loved ones in our lives, when even told that by one of them we often don't believe it or hear it.

Make some small changes maybe for you. TIME that is just yours to do what you like...get your hair done, make up on, and begin a positive path....journal it. Have a mantra of "I am so lucky...I have so many blessings in my life", and count them.

They say we don't see the forest for the trees at times......

GET OUT and GET UP. Fresh air and a change. A change is as good as vacation. I move the house around, change a room and it lifts me. I try to trick my spirit so often when I have a low show up. I still regret this all and want ME back. But I am doing so much better right now....>15 years. Long road getting here.

So important you have that family to hug you....but you also have us,(we carry better) so lean in often. The family can tire of the groan we can make. So, one step forward today....do something good for you, that you like. Put on music you LOVE...sing out (like no one can hear you)... It is a daily challenge to get the positive to be there.

I wish you all the best. Check out the toolbox for some help too......(((hugs))), Nancy B

fibromo21 replied to xperky's response:
Xperky,Thanks ,for your thoughts and ideas
I do keep my self well hydrated for sure i am on other med that make me have cotten mouth so i have to drink alot!!..I do try the warm baths but at times they do not help but hopeing that the dr will help with meds soon

Thanks again

fibromo21 replied to booch007's response:
thanks Nancy B..thanks so much!! ((hugs))

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
460 of 535 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.