Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Yum! Summer Foods!
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
July is National Blueberry Month, National Hot Dog Month, AND National Ice Cream Month. What are your favorite summer foods? Between all the goodies at the grocery stores and markets, food stands and fares, are there any foods that you eat ONLY in the summer? Got any recipes to share?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Randm2220 responded:
There isn't one food that I only eat in the summer, but tomatoes is the tops for us. We have a fruit bowl full of fresh tomatoes thanks to my garden and wonderful friends! Love fresh tomatoes! Peaches is on the list too. Living in georgia it's almost a law. Lol.

Kim

greenwitch68 responded:
Hi Caprice-
I LOVE Cantaloupe in the summer, and I only eat it in the summer, that is when it is best.
I also enjoy garden tomatoes, there is nothing like them, as well as the other goodies I grow. Fresh from the garden can't be beat.

I have an abundance of Juliet Tomatoes and tiny, but sweet, Cheery Pick Peppers. A few weeks ago I grabbed about 4 of the Juliets that were still green and about 8 of the Cherry Pick Peppers, wrapped them in foil and grilled about 20 mins. They were delicious! I suppose you could use any variety of small "green" tomato, but I think a "sweet" type of pepper would be best.
I always wanted to try Fried Green tomatoes and after those grilled green ones I can't wait. Anyone have a good recipe for them?
Hope everyone is having a great summer.
Kath G.

angelswife responded:
My #1 favorite summer food is fresh yellow squash from the garden. I could eat it every night. Corn on the cob and mom's homemade potato salad run a very close second.My other two favorites are watermelon and cherries.

Now you've really got me drooling---think I need to have myself a snack!

Teelady1 responded:
Yum - blueberries and ice cream! I love to eat those! Whether it's July or not. I do have to say I eat ice cream more in the summer.

Summer favorties are locally grown sweet corn and tomatoes! Pretty soon will have these around here! I eat tomatoes all year round - but pretty much only eat the locally grown sweet corn in the summer.

And - also cherries!

katmandulou responded:
I love fresh produce, and tomatoes are a summer favorite. Summer squashes, both yellow and zucchini, carrots, celery, YUM! Strawberries too, tho they're pretty much gone by July.
I eat ice cream all year 'round; in fact, DH and I have ice cream every Sunday for dinner! For dessert we'll have a hot dog, a sandwich,etc.
Lou

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
There really is nothing like fresh fruit and veggies from one's own garden (or the garden of a friend or neighbor), is there?

Now I want some fresh home-grown tomatoes!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

schrode responded:
My family loves blueberries! We went blueberry picking last weekend. The best blueberry ever is one straight from the bush, warmed by the sun! In one hour the five of us picked 1ten pounds of blueberries for only $1.89 a pound! We froze most of them and we hope we have enough to last until next summer. Blueberry pancakes, mufins, pies...

Of course, I paid in pain for the fun I had,. But I knew that I would and it was worth it.

Soft hugs,

Deb

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to schrode's response:
Sounds like a very fun - and scrumptuous - day, Deb!

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
456 of 531 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.