Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Does anyone's hair on their legs hurt.
debrabrooks1960 posted:
I know this may sound strange, but I was wondering if anyone else has the hair on their legs hurt. Mine actually hurt so bad at night that I have to get up and shave my legs. I can actually feel every hair. I have had to start shaving almost everyday. Sometimes this is hard to do when I am having a flare.

Gentle Hugs to everyone. Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Randm2220 responded:
Hey Debbie,

Can't sway the hair on my legs hurt, but the hair on my head hurts sometimes. That's how i judge when to stop. Lol.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Hi Debbie, Linda R here and I thought I would pipe in something. I can't say I have pain from the hair on my legs, but I do have skin pain and that feels, to me, like pain from the hair.

I do know that the hair on my head hurts while in a fibro flare.
Knowing that fibromyalgia is a condition that causes nerve pain I'd have to say I think thats the reason it feels like, to me, that the ends of hair, at the scalp, or even hair on the legs hurt.

I take a 4000 dose of Vit D3 a day and it helps keeps that kind of pain away. If you are not taking Vit D3 or haven't had your D level checked. Being low or out of the normal D range may be making you feel this pain more.

Gentle hugs, Linda R.

dollbug responded:
Hello DebraBrooks and welcome....MiMi in NC...actually nothing sounds *strange* to me....I do not have an issue with the hair on my legs...but I also have issues with my head...the top of it...and for the life of me I have no reason why....my scalp sometimes is very sore to the touch as well...I sleep in a recliner...and I do not stand on my head ever....so I have no idea why this happens...and it is not all the time...but a lot...

I am older though and I guess it is the hormones which kick in and my hair does not grow as fast as it once did...(I am NOT complaining about this though)...

I do hope you will check out the info under *tips* and *resources*....I am sure you will find some good *tools* that perhaps you have not thought of trying...hang in here with us...it does take time to get this all figured out...it is a *process*....which does take time..

Vitamin D...is important..and Vitamin Bs too.....ask your doctor to check this for you...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people...(it sure make a BIG difference for me)...
low Vitamin D can also affect other illnesses as well..

Good luck and take care..

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

forgetful88 responded:
Nope.

Teelady1 responded:
Interesting that you bring this up. I will have sensations on my legs and head that I've wondered if I'm feeling my hair grow. ?? Or as LindaR suggested, the sensations are due to the sensitive skin issues on my legs and head. When I'm in a fibro flare, my arms get real sore and I think I can feel pain in the hair on my forearms. Again - probably skin pain.

jennagale76 responded:
I don't have pain in my leg hair either, but I can totally relate to the hair on my head hurting.

crystalscats responded:
Well I can say with no doubt the hair on my legs do not hurt, as I have none! LOL I am completely hairless from the neck down. I do however turn red on my legs it looks like sunburn and hurts like sunburn. I am very pale so it is very noticeable when this happens.

I also have lost hair on my scalp. I get red there in spots as well, but at times my scalp itches so bad and again feels like sunburn. I have been in a bad flare all week so I have had issues with both this week. My Rhuemy just says it's all a part of FMS. I do think it is nerves though as I don't have hair.

Crystal

debrabrooks1960 responded:
thanks to all that replied to my post. My scalp hurts too at times and I can feel my hair. It is probably the same thing for my leg hair. I just never connected that either one was from the FM. That is why I love this web site. I learn so much from everyone on here. Everone is so helpful and kind. Soft hugs to all. Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

schrode replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
Debra,

I do not have hair pain but I get terrible skin nerve pain. It gets so bad that the touch of fabric or even air movement is unbearable. It is on my left thigh and my right hand.
It reminds me of having a terrible tooth ache that you cannot get rid of.

The doctor gave me lidocaine cream to try but it made no difference. I have not found anything to help it, it just comes and goes.

Soft hugs,
Deb

LMO84 replied to Teelady1's response:
I too have had leg pain in my right calf-it ranges from burning like it's on fire to numbness?? I had an EMG test...torture...nothing really noticeable. Just had a lumbar back MRI will see what that turns up. Also get the sensation on my skin like rain drops-except It's not raining?? Go figure. I hhope you find some relief!

Lee from Long Island

Teelady1 replied to LMO84's response:
LMO84,

OMG - I've never been able to describe it - but you did so well!

Every once in a while, I also get that sensation of drops of water running down my calves!

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
367 of 394 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.