Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF****ROLL CALL *** New members too 7/27/2012 ***
dollbug posted:
TGIF...and Roll Call today....Last roll call in July....time is flying by...MiMi in NC...where it is hot again...actually it has been hot all summer...some very hot and muggy days...early this morning the power went off...don't know what happened...perhaps this is how I woke up too early...but I know that I was not a happy person....I finally did drift back off to sleep...only to sleep too late...today is a no win situation for me...I do hope it gets better..

School is right around the corner...and I will soon be keeping Noah for a couple of days a week...I think this will be Tuesdays and Thursdays...he is really growing up too fast...and he is a smart little one...I often wonder how he knows so much...I guess he pays attention...

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest...and I hope we will all have a good Friday today...with little to no pain.,

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group...I am sure each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better..it does take a trial and error process...which does take time and effort...you try something for about 6-8 weeks which is enough time to allow something to get into your system and make a difference...IF it helps you cope better...well you are lucky...if not...then you find something different and start over...what works for one may or may not work for another...but you have to find the right combination of tools which will work for you.

I know that in the beginning this was such a struggle for me...doing back and forth to the doctor trying to find something that works...I ended up having side efforts with medicines that I tried...so I eventually done my own research and figured what vitamins and supplements and other things which has helped me cope better...this took me a very long time though...nothing easy about it for me...I continue to have success with this though...but have found I also have to tweak these once in a while to make them work like they should..

Using a heating pad when needed, drinking plenty of water every day, doing gentle stretches and exercises, watching what I eat and trying to pace at anything I do...limiting my stress has been a hard one to do....I continue to have issues with this...
everything though has been a learned process....with time...a person eventually figures out what triggers a flare or a meltdown...or what I sometimes call a *crash and burn* time..
You will learn when you have crossed your time and over did....your body will indeed remind you of this...as the wrath of the dragon rears its ugly body at you...

Hang in here...learn all you can...you can start right here with
some good info here under *tips* and *resources*...ask questions....we have a good group here and you will find that people will share what they know with others..we are FMily...

Vitamin D....remember to speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this Friday....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

squarley responded:
Have not been on much got Menere's and tinnitus and having so much to deal with , the weather here is so hot 106 and do not go out much. I live in Kentucky,This site has helped me so much over the years , and hope the new people get as much help as I have , have a good week end or the best you can ,from a old timer, Squarley

greenwitch68 responded:
Good morning everyone
Feeling better today or I may just be getting used to the pain! Still very sleepy though.
Lots of rain here, finally. Cooler as well.
My daughters birthday tomorrow, can't believe she'll be 25.
MiMi you sure are right time is flying!
Celebrating on Sunday when we all can be together.

I hope everyone is well and/or doing better., and that we all have a great happy weekend.
Kath G

Teelady1 responded:
Happy Friday!

A quick check-in here today -

Got the bloodwork results from my Dr today. Vitamin D level is good. I have been taking some extra supplement on my own in addition to a multi-vit and the vit D in the Ca supplement. I wonder if my Vit D would be low if I didn't take the supplements.

Blood sugar was good. Trigylcerides were very good. Total cholesterol a little out of range on the high side - but everything else in range?

Hmmm? Potassium was a bit high. 5.5 when range is 3.5 - 5.3. I do eat a banana just about each day. Wonder what it means if my Potassium is high. Something to ask the Dr about.

I do think the flexeril at night time is helping my sleep.

Wishing everyone a great weekend! Little or no fibro pain/issues - and good sleep!

DakotaWilsonFM replied to squarley's response:
good to see u again squarley... take care and feel better soon...

hi to everyone... I am coming out after a sun stroke... fell asleep in the sun in the early am and woke up very ill... 105 and in the sun... dr says I am going to be ok... just need rest yeh right... going to try to get more today... need to get inside i am outside now and it is getting warm again... nice breeze tho and in shade lol... just some fresh air... and got a diagnosis of definite rsd flare and swelling is finally going down lost 10 pounds in 2 days... but need to rest more for that to continue too...

am holding in there... under some personal stress right now could use some prayers... thanks... stress not good for me especially with all the flares going on... rsd... ms... parkinsons... and now our favorite fm... may it never fail lol...

so I am going in to rest... have a great weekend...

soft hugs and luv... jan/dakota

crazytaurenswife responded:
Good morning

Flaring again, but I have some good things going on today so I'm ok. One of the grocery stores has boxes of blueberries on sale today only, so I went as soon as I got up. I experimented with a muffin recipe once I got home (not quite happy with it yet) and got busy on my computer. My new computer is being delivered sometime today and I still have a couple of things to back up. I've managed to keep distracted enough that I've skipped pain meds so far, but I can't put it off much longer.

Hope you're all having a good Friday

~air hugs~

~Jessi

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi!
I'm feeling better today, more like a person than a pile of roadkill. My ankle is not hurting as much, although the swelling has been way up. I have been taking it easy after yesterday.

It is still really humid here, and it's been sprinkling on and off. I am hoping the humidity breaks soon. I haven't brought any crocheting outside with me because I never know when a shower will come through. Husband is working in the camper, and I don't want to call him to haul stuff in every time it rains. He still has to carry stuff for me.

I start PT next Wednesday...I think it will go okay. The PT seems to be Fibro literate, and he knows his stuff when it comes to injuries. He said in his 20 years in the business he has only seen two injuries that were worse than mine. I think that was a compliment, but I'm not sure.

He also agrees with my PCP on the RSD dx, as well as not treating it right away. He wants to see how much of it, if any, will resolve when the swelling finally goes. THAT is at least six months down the road...If I am still having major issues then, the RSD can be treated more aggressively. I would really like to lose the swelling and pain now, but I know I need to be patient. Seems like I say that a lot lately, lol.

I was sick all day yesterday...the day got even worse when our bank notified Husband that his credit card had been compromised and they were shutting it off. It could not have happened at a worse time; and we have been left wondering how we will pay the rent. I suppose I should be glad we didn't lose everything; but what is left doesn't come anywhere close to covering the rent.

I am not sure what we'll do, but we'll think of something. In the meantime, we are tallying the damage...It is frustrating in the extreme to have this happen when we've both been so careful with the finances. Husband is off work for another six weeks yet; and we've had to make every penny count. Now we will have to regroup and start again. It's times like this I wish I was able to work!

I see the sun has returned...I might risk taking some crocheting out with me. I will have to see which project I can stuff into the walker basket. Hope everyone's having a good day! And Squarley---it's great to see you back on!

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone,

As I mentioned I overdid it yesterday. I went to bed and forgot to set my alarm for 5:20. I woke at 5:19 and got ready for work. I was a tired, sore disaster all day. Luckily, work was pretty slow paced.

We have a pretty easy weekend planned so hopefully I get over this before Monday. I have been good for a while so I guess I was due.

I have to see if my insurance will cover the total body bone scan suggested by the new RH. I would like to figure out why I hurt and why the cold causes instant pain in my bones. That's not a great thing when you live where I do.

It is an absolutely beautiful day here today. Sunny with a breeze and only 72. We have the windows open and the AC off for the first time in a month. I hope I can find the energy to walk later.

Angelswife, glad your feeling a little better today.

Mimi, I have to get all of our shcool supplies and clothes very soon. Thaks for the reminders. I hope you get more sleep tonight.

Jessie, hope your flare settles down.

Take care everyone,

Cory

fibroinsd responded:
late afternoon check-in

good to see you squarely.

Jan...glad you are ok...that sounds bad...and the family will be in my prayers..

Had to go over and deal with mom and dad this morning..more stuff ...ugh...but then DH and I had a nice day at the zoo...lots of walking, but had some time to sit and enjoy a couple of shows too..it is very nice there...I am tired...and haven't read the paper yet..so will go sit outside and do that.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Old1now responded:
Thanks for being here I don't always have much to say but I come nearly every day, and it reassures me that with all our struggles we keep going at some level.

squarley replied to DakotaWilsonFM's response:
DAKOTA,WILL KEEP YOU YOU IN MY PRAYERS, COMFORTING HUGS, SQUARLY

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
363 of 390 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.