Skip to content
long time so many changes
Anon_149959 posted:
Wow, it has been a long time since I have been able to get back here.. So much has happened.. I guess it has been since January since I looked on here that was when my world went to the toilet..
My company came in to our building (assisted living facility) and walked or forced out almost all of our management team and employees. Needless to say since I was of the old regime I had to walk a tight rope to keep my job, plus it helped that I worked three positions in the building too. I was under SO much stress I was making myself sick, so when it warmed up enough to walk outside I started walking with my friend (things at home were pretty rocky then too so I got out as much as possible) well to make a long story short I was SO stressed out I dropped twenty pounds between that and walking.. I had no stomach left from having to go to work and jump through hoops to keep my job (they tried to force me to quit I just smiled and did what was asked of me) I would throw up every time I went to work plus several times a day while there..
The weight loss was great, loosing my hair and biting my nails not so hot.. I did feel better while walking was able to get off some of the medications for FM.. but I really needed the job (I thought) and had to work to keep things going at home.. Well, that all worked for 6 months until I did not clean a bathroom up to standards and they used that as insubordination to fire me.. That day I think I was more mad that they did not call me the days I was off to tell me NOT to come in than the whole getting fired thing.. I have to say sometimes God makes a way when there is no other way.. Well he made a way for me to get fired and to tell you the truth at that time I was grateful.. I was so stressed out and worn out the days I would work I could not sleep worrying what I was going to have to deal with when I got in there.. SO I would sometimes go days without sleep and work 12 hour days part of the time.
Well it has been a month since I left there, I stupidly got lazy, but boy it felt nice, my b/p has dropped 10 points.. My pain level is up because of my laziness. But I was back at the gym yesterday (pretty sore today but working it out with as little amount of drugs as possible) going to get my butt up and moving to loose the 10 pounds I gained back.. I am recieving half pay through unemployment ( out of 25 I am only one of TWO people that got it) my house is getting back to order after 4 1/2 years of chaous.. My daughter is a senior this year, and my son just joined the Navy leaves in September.. I am SO VERY thankful that God moved me so I could have this time with my children before they go out into the world..
The down side is that I am poor, and cannot afford the dr. visits that I need and some of the meds I am taking.. but I am working around as much as possible to fix that.. I still have FM and arthritis, the depression gets to me sometimes.. but over all I am still thankful for all the things that have happened.. Sometimes we just won't listen when God tells us to slow down and smell the roses, then he makes us.. I am trying to stay positive of my situation, and work on myself I am (lol) 'learning sign language," photography,and brushing up on my cooking (I was a CNA cook and van driver for my job) through Youtube. I am reading and memorizing scripture (keeping my brain active) AND..... Training an obnoxious puppy who adopted us.. And I think I will take time to volunteer my time at my old job to stay in touch with my residents.. Oh yeah.. being a wife and mom... SO I guess my days are really pretty full. I just need to make myself sleep at night, I thing that is the being inactive part.
SO how are you???

booch007 responded:
Well, so much HAS happened to you. A sad story but yet I see a glimmer of positive happening here....

Being poor is not the worst that could happen, there are ways of getting medical care and looking into services you may have available to you such as calling social services and see....

I have a friend who learned sign language and has a good living being an interpreter. These are required by law for patients to know what is going on in medicine....YOU would be perfect as a CNA prior.

I think you need to be certified in this as well. All I remeber is touching the tip of your nose means "You have to pee?"
See how I learned a few things to have in the hospital.

Well, welcome back and I hope things go well for the kids and you and good things happen in the near future. Nancy B

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
It's good to hear from you again. What a long road it's been for you but it sounds like you've landed back on your feet. Well done on getting back to the gym!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

1wareaglefan responded:
Wow! What an awesome story! I'm so glad to hear you being so upbeat and positive and very encouraging to others. You really are turning things around for yourself.

It sounds like you have a great plan in place for making things even better. Memorizing scripture was one of the best disciplines I ever put into practice. I'd write scripture on note cards and learn them that way. Pretty soon, I had a whole card box full. It's a wonderful way to get closer to God.

I need to get back to easy exercising, as I had knee replacement. I also know first-hand how you can really lose the weight with walking. I feel certain you'll lose that 10 lbs.!

Thanks so much for sharing your story with us, and it's great to see you back.

Elizabeth

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.