Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tight leg muscles, particularly on one side
jillylin posted:
I am hoping someone will be able to tell me ways of coping with very tight feeling leg muscles , mainly on the right side. The constant odd sensations are really dragging me down.
Thanks in advance
Jilly in the UK

crystalscats responded:
Hello Jillylin I get this once in while too. I either use Voltaren gel, muscle rub or aspercreme rubbed in to my leg. I also take Flexeril for it with them, only way can sleep when it bothers me. Hope this helps you.

Crystal

Randm2220 responded:
My legs feel the same way all the time. The degree of discomfort varies. I usually try stretching them, but sometimes they just cramp up instead of stretching. I take cyclobenzaprine for the muscle soreness. I also get it in my feet to the degree that it feels like I am walking on glass. That really sucks. Nothing to do about it but put my feet up. Sometimes I can't even let my feet touch the couch. I use an automan and let my feet hang off the end.

I wish I could be of more help

Hugs

Kim

booch007 responded:
Jilly,

Just be sure it is FM and not a clot in the leg. A clot in the deep vessels can bring on swelling and tightness to the leg, before there is actual pain. You might need to be checked vascularly. I say this as it is one leg....

We can have the darndest symptoms with this and if it is FM, the hints above are great and I also use heat around the legs to help.....elevation too. but please think about the vessels and a clot.

It can happen from driving alot, flying somewhere....a hit that damaged an area and you are "fixing it" but instead the clot is blocking flow......

I just had to chime in with this......be careful. We blame FM for everything we feel.........................HUgs, Nancy B

jillylin responded:
Thanks everyone. Sorry it took me so long to reply but the depression got me badly. I just wish this would all go away

Jilly in the UK

SimoneSilvestrin responded:
I have that. I observed that the stiffness moves from one place to the other. And lately I?ve had felt my legs like tree trunks, very heavy. I try to walk it away. I walk and massage and try to get therapeutical massages frequently.
My tip: try to relax your mind and work on acceptance.
Are you taking any medication?
Are you exercising?

Love, Simone from Brazil

CLKWC1964 responded:
Jilly,

I have experienced leg cramps, tight muscles/tendons/ligaments, muscle spasms for some years now with this fibro. Seems like a new symptom pops up all the time. I exercise 5 days a week and this really makes it difficult. I have found that warm/hot baths, massage, flexeril or some other muscle relaxer, and stretching does help quite a bit. The severity and frequency varies. Definitely check with your doctor and see what they suggest also. Good Luck and God Bless. Cat:0)

jillylin replied to SimoneSilvestrin's response:
Hi Simone,
yes to the exercising. I am a ballet dancer. Or should say was
This has stolen dance from me.
I confess to struggling badly with acceptance and relaxation. I am on medication.

Hugs
Jilly in the UK

jillylin replied to CLKWC1964's response:
Hi Cat,
I have tried all the usual stuff so I guess it is back to the doctor but am reluctant to go because my wonderful doctor has retired and I have not seen my new one so don't know what her thoughts are on Fibro. Whether she is a believer or a doubter.
Hugs
Jilly in the UK

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
370 of 397 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.