Skip to content
Thursday ***8/2/2012 ***
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...it is 76* right now...with sunshine. I hope each of you had a good night's rest. For me...I woke up around 2 with thunder sounding...and then the furbabies had to go out...I tried to go back to sleep but it took a while...and then one of my furbabies needed to go back out...If seemed like I could not go back to sleep due to waking up again. So I have not started my day off to a good start.

I do hope things will get better. I am still waiting to see where the doctor is going to send me. He said he would get back to me about this and so far I have heard nothing.

So much going on with a lot of us here. I hope everyone will have a better day. At least it is not going to be as hot as it has been. That is a plus, I think, for me anyway. I am ready for some cooler weather...NOT cold...but cooler.

DH helped our younger son yesterday as they are putting up a wood gym type set for Noah. I am sure he will be excited when he gets home and sees what his daddy has done. It is really tall, tall enough for me to see it above the fence. I just hope Noah will be really careful on this. He is all boy though and loves to move.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. It does take time. There are no quick fixes.

Vitamin D...have you talked to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked yet? Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for a lot of people these days..and it can also affect other illnesses as well. It is a simple blood t3est..but you MUST ask the doctor to do it....as it is not included in the normal blood work that the doctors do...unless, of course, you are lucky to be one of Dr. P's patients....

Have a good day. As you are out and about...remember they are collecting school supplies for those who do not have what they need for school.....this is a good thing that all of us can do to help out....any and all supplies are needed...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

katmandulou responded:
Hi MiMi;\:

It's warm and humid here in southeastern MA. We're just about packed for vacation, and are discussing what to get for lunch. He's doing a quick run to the dry cleaner, and I need an ATM, then we're off.

My total weight loss is 27lbs! My goal for the next week is NOT to add any pounds, but if I do, I won't stress over it. weight loss is a journey, I've been told, and since I'm not getting rid of the FM meds it will be a life-long adventure. That doesn't mean I'll stop having ice cream for dinner once a week, but moderation the rest of the time.

Be good while I'm gone and have the best week you can possibly have!
Lou

dollbug replied to katmandulou's response:
Hi Lou.....here is hoping you have a SAFE AND FUN Vacation.....enjoy some Vitamin D if you can...and remember to pace, pace and pace some more..

Try not to over do....as we all know what might happen...

Update us when you can..

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

crazytaurenswife responded:
Hello

I'm back from the doctor's office. This appointment went really well. He seemed to listen to me quite a bit better than usual and even helped me out of my chair when it was time to leave. My gabapentin has been doubled, so I'm up to 600 mg 3x a day. I really hope this will help soon because we're going on a short vacation this weekend.

MiMi - I hope you hear back from your doctor soon and you sleep better tonight.

Lou - Have fun and stay safe

~air hugs~ Time to go check on the beans and mix up some more Mexican seasoning for dinner. We're having nachos
I hope you all get plenty of rest tonight and you're feeling better soon!

~Jessi

mnjeepguy responded:
Hello everyone, late checkin.

Today was another warm one but not as bad as it has been, only 80 and humid. Lake Superior is unusually warm this year. I hope is doesn't cause issues this winter with increased lake effect snow, as we are close to shore.

I am a physical mess from yesterday's work but today was easy enough that it was tollerable. I can still work very hard but as soon as I stop I am a wreck for at least a few days.

I am thinking of all of you today, take care everyone,

Cory

booch007 responded:
Hey all,

Coming in on Early Friday...BIG DAY!*****

Lots of sunshine! I would have also loved less humidity, but Canada is not sharing at the moment. At least I HAVE SUN.

Thanks to all who threw up a prayer for us for today. 3pm EST is the church and I am hopeful for a great ceremony, no issues. At practice the ring bearer wouldn't walk the aisle...so we will see*. (they are bribing him with the zoo now....so fingers crossed).

My guests are here and I am in a higher pain level...doing OK though. I am P A C I N G as best I can and trying to medicate as needed for function. Had trouble walking last night, (too many steps...up and down). The girls GB"s came over and it always does me in.......up til 12m and then now up at 5:30 with the pain and dragon at my side.......

But I will be in the moment today and not listen to the bites no matter where they may happen.......just if function drops I will take my meds and get through this. Saturday is all about cooking and prep for Sunday Bar B Q.....maybe 40 will be here. Helpful are my Sis and Nephew so I am not alone in this.

Dinner out these last few days has been so nice too (we never do that) So I am being treated to some out time, good for the spirit*.

I send hugs to all and hope this day bring you a low pain day. I'll keep him (the dragon) here with me...and give you a break! Dancing with this dragon has become a life's mission...............

Happy Saturday........................Nancy B

thenikki64 replied to booch007's response:
Guess I am late checking in, too:) I saw the rheumatologist and began plaquenil this week. Doc said it would make me nauseated. I've been on it for 3 days, and just had a little nausea tonight, so I am glad it has not bothered me too much. He also said that if I had a flare in another joint, he would add in methotrexate, and I would no longer be able to practice veterinary medicine due to my compromised immune system. This was not much of a surprise. I have been practicing for over 22 years, but it is the only job I've ever wanted to do. Hopefully it will be a few years before I have to start methotrexate.

Doc did recommend that I get the flu, pneumonia and shingles vaccines. Do you all do the flu and pneumonia together or separately? I am inclined to have them separately. I have never had these and hate the thought of having them, but I guess I will do it. I don't want to be stupid about this.

Thursday was not one of my better days either. I wonder what is going around? I slept poorly then was busy and physical at work, I could hardly move by the time I got home. Much better today, thankfully.

Glad we've had some good things happen this week, too. My DH spoke to 'our' son in Afghanistan yesterday. Patrick will be coming home September 5th. Bill the DH will be leaving for Afghanistan August 31st, so their visits will overlap, and I will be a basket case until Pat gets out of there! Both my boys in harm's way at the same time, yikes!! Of course, Bill will be as safe as one can be and will never be in the line of fire like Pat has been, but it is still Afghanistan.

Nancy, you will have a busy and wonderful weekend. Enjoy!! And always ask for help. Sounds like you should have plenty of volunteers.

I have to work in the morning, so early to bed for me. Pain had me awake at 4 am, and once the dogs and I are up, we are UP!

Happy Weekend!
Pam in Savannah

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
198 of 215 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.