Skip to content
Hello, I'm Debby and I have been recently diagnosed
tysgrammy posted:
Hello all. I have just been diagnosed after to many years of complaining about different pains. I was starting to feel like a hyperchrondiac . The diagnoses is actually good news. Explains so much over the past 12 years. I have been on depression meds for that long. 3 years ago after going through many therapist , I started having panic attacks and I was referred to a cognitive therapist and she has literally saved me. I basically have laid out a plan of attack for the diagnosis but thought joining a fibromyalgia group would be good support for myself. Looking forward to discussion with those that are where I am.

dollbug responded:
Hello Debby and welcome....MiMi in NC...it is sad when so many of us suffer for many years, trying to get doctors to figure out what is wrong with us so we can get help and trying so many different things in hopes of finding something, actually anything, that will help us cope better...if is almost sad when the doctor finally figure out what we have but still they do not have a definite plan to cure us...so we continue down this road trying to find something that will help us cope...

Hang in there as I am sure you will find something that will help you cope better, if only for a while...I say this because so many times I have tried different things, only to be disappointed that some of them only work for a while and then stop...that is where we, FMers, must figure out how to tweak them to continue working..it is a vicious cycle...and it seems like, for the most part, is a neverending one at that.

I would encourage you to be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...which is so important for a lot of people these days...(even those who do not have FM)...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well. (according to the medical researchers)

I know that low Vitamin D was part of my pain problems...and it did help lower the pain when I finally got my D level back up to within the *normal range*...

Over the years I have learned how to *control my FM pain*....only to find out that the chronic fatigue is yet another battle that I have yet to find anything to help it...having no energy on most days and especially since it has been so hot...it not good for the mind or the body...

There are all sorts of good *tools* here though...and we are so very blessed to also have not 1 but 2 doctors on board...(this is our added bonus)....Dr P and Dr Margaret (see the top right hand corner for more information)...
Be sure and also check out the info under *helpful tips* and *helpful resources* as well...you will find what other members have found that has helped them cope as well...remember though that we are all different and what helps one may or may not help you...it is a trial and error process...to find what *fits* you.

I do know that learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is important for me...and to limit my stress, as much as possible...(this is a hard one for me to do)...
this also takes time to figure out just how much you can do and when....once you have crossed your line...you can tell...you can actually *feel* it...and it just might take a day or 2 to get back to where you were to begin with.
You will find that everything is a process...

Drinking plenty of water every day is a plus for me...and watching what I eat..for the most part. Doing gentle exercises and stretches is also good...(gentle being the key word)...

Using a heating pad when needed...and also having the Stopain spray available to use, if you have aches and pains which will not ease up for you.

Getting enough sleep is also a must for me...I can tell such a big difference if I do not get enough sleep...which sometimes increases the pain that I have.

I am sure others will chime in...

Take care and good luck...

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Good morning Debby,

It is so validating to hear finally what has been happening to you. It took quite a while for me and 9 doctors...I was not giving up trying to figure this out....

Now education and perseverence is a good addition for the future. Good luck with getting your tune up. Please check out the toolbox under resources to read some of the tricks we use to feel better. Then through your own trial and error time you will have a good toolbox yourself.....

Take care and welcome to the fmily.....Nancy B

gdsjoy responded:
12 years of not know what was going on? That's a nightmare. I was fortunate enough to have answers withing a year of my first flare up. It was a miracle really. I hope and pray that God gives you a good team of physicians to help you with the different aspects.

I'd love to know what your plan of attack is! Please share.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
371 of 398 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.