Skip to content
Tiredness today
Anon_80099 posted:
didn't sleep good last night woke up tired and am still tired plus shooting nerves in extremities . This is a bad day for sure. going to Dr tomorrow to get back on a fibro med, I have had this for 30 +years and have gotten immune to stuff so try diff. Meds . I hate the thoughts of another nite I know it will be bad , RLS again and pain grin and bear it again

booch007 responded:
I am so sorry it is a bad time right now. Having this problem for so long you know it will back off a bit in the future.......(but when)?

I find this to be the most challenging of things I have had to deal with. It is life altering but doable once you get a plan in place. I don't know where I would be without my meds and my bottle of distraction.....(I guess I wouldn't BE....) It was pretty dark a long time ago...

I hope the light comes at the end of the tunnel soon........we'll be hoping for you. Take care, Nancy B

gdsjoy responded:
Just curious, what meds have you tried? I am on Lyrica and Cymbalta right now. Also a med for RLS and another for anxiety to help me sleep. Although, I have had a lot of trouble sleeping over the past several weeks. Probably from over doing it.

fitzgift replied to gdsjoy's response:
I have been on Lyrica for along time went of it I think I am going to ask Dr. to start it again it did help during day and slept good at night. Tramadol for pain also but it doesn't work anymore so am just on arthritis Tylenol .fitzgift

gdsjoy replied to fitzgift's response:
A pain management doctor is the one who suggested I use Cymbalta in place of my other antidepressent. He said that it works really well with Lyrica and I can tell a difference. Unfortunately, both Lyrica and Cymbalta cause weight gain. I think after being on these meds for so long, the company that makes them should treat us to some kind of Laser fat removal.

gray1269 replied to gdsjoy's response:
I agree we should receive some compensation. I gained 62 pounds on Cymbalta and Lyrica and I only saw a small improvement. Does anyone have a magic miracle pill?

fitzgift responded:
I had a restless night also Have had fibro for30 years also I have the Burny shooting pains also Took a Vicodin that is the only thing that helps when I am like this .RLS also my Dr. Has me on Miripex every night My legs felt o.k. When I went to bed but around 2I ended up taking my Miri Ex. I guess we will have this till we are called home. A lady here says that every time she goes in the pool and swims she feels bad the next day ,I didn't think their was anything to this but I was in the pool last night "??????

fitzgift replied to gdsjoy's response:
Right I agree. RLS must go along with fibro ,a lot of people have it My Dr. Put me on Miripex and it works you take it every night I do around 9 . This is a bad day nerves ,Burny shooting pain in extremities Lovely fibro

gdsjoy replied to fitzgift's response:
It depends on the temperature of the water. It is important that the water is warmer, the same temp that you would have it for people with arthritis. Otherwise, yes, you feel horrible, well, at least some of us do. If it is at the right temp, being in the water is so helpful. You get your stretches in and it doesn't hurt to move as much! Oh, if only we could all have an indoor heated pool. And throw in a hot tub and massage therapist, too.

fitzgift responded:
I too have had fibro over 30 years and now O.A. Hemp oil rub it in wherever you hurt especially at night I baste myself in arms and hands . Also legs. When needed I take Miriplex for RLS. Vicodan is my go to med for bad pain otherwise 3Tylenol only 1x day.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.