Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday ****8/6/2012 ***
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is 75* and showers are expected late this afternoon....it is going to be a hot day today...but it is August...so I guess we will just have to deal with hot weather for a few more weeks...but cooler weather is bound to be here before long...it has indeed been a really hot summer this year...I have to wonder just how cold it be get this winter...

Noah finally got home and he was so excited to see what his Daddy and Popi put together for him...they took him out to see it even though it was dark by the time he got home...we had lunch yesterday and he was thanking Popi for doing this...he is such a sweet little boy...soon to be 3 and so very mature for his age.

Alec went to the lake with his family yesterday and was able to spend time with friends from out of state. I am sure he also had a good time. He took his fishing pole but decided he did not want to fish afterall. He does not like worms...

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest...and I hope today will be a good, no to little pain day for us all.

I woke up too early this morning...but had to get up anyway..I am sure I will pay for this today...I just might try to take a nap later on..not getting enough sleep wears me out...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group and to those who have returned...I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better...it does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort. There are no quick fixes that I am aware of.

Vitamin D...be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level which is important for a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this Monday....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
I felt a flare coming on yesterday and tried to lay low, but I ended up overdoing it...I am weaning myself from the walker and I did more practicing than I should have. I also had to button up the deck by myself because Husband wasn't here when the first storm came through, and that can be a challenge even without a walker. Today I am paying for all that, and I won't be doing anything!

We had torrential rain yesterday and last night, along with some frighteningly close lightning strikes. One hit a tree right next door and it sounded like the house exploded. The thunder shook the windows, and it was raining so hard it sounded like we were in a waterfall. Really amazing...We have had more than our share of wild weather this summer! We were actually lucky last night, though, because one storm spawned a tornado after it passed us. There is a lot of cleanup going on today.

When I was sitting on the deck yesterday, I saw a blur of motion from the corner of my eye. I turned my head and saw one of our ruby-throated hummingbirds hovering just a few inches from my face. We were literally nose to nose---it was awesome. He apparently decided I wasn't edible because he left as fast as he'd come. He sure was beautiful, though. I am wondering if it was my crocheting that attracted him, because I was using some really bright colors.

Speaking of crocheting, I think I'll get busy doing some. It's about all I feel like doing, lol...Maybe I'll lose the headache once I'm out in the fresh air. Hope everyone has a good day!

dollbug replied to angelswife's response:
Hello angelswife....not a good thing to over do...especially when you are still trying to recover...I hope things get better for you soon...but as we all know any kind of recovery takes time...and I think for most of us FMers...it takes even more time.

Try to be really careful with walking without your walker...as you sure do not want to fall again and do even more damage to what is now trying to heal...

Speaking of hummingbirds...I have to share this with you...a few weeks ago on one of our local news station there was this man who had lost his job...and was sitting outside thinking...when he spotted a hummingbird on his flowers...he decided to put his finger out and the hummingbird actually handed on it...he then moved slowly to several flowers so that the bird continued to feed...he stroked its back and it was find and then he lifted his finger and kissed the bird on its back....he said he guessed he just needed a lift that day...and this was all gotten on tape...he said this is the first and probably only time something like this will ever happen to him...

We never know what may or may not happened with nature....I guess this is what makes it so special when you can actually witness something like this.

I hope you will feel better today...

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

crazytaurenswife responded:
Good morning

We had a great trip to the ocean this weekend. I took lots of pictures of DS11 and DH playing in the ocean together and we found shells and silver dollars. I'm hoping we can go back next summer and DS15 will be home to come with us.

The increase in gabapentin has done wonders for me. I'm worn out from the trip and hurting some in a few places, but it's nothing like the past 3 weeks.

It was absolutely miserable when we finally made it home. We arrived on the hottest afternoon we've had all summer (heat index was over 105.8* according to one website). It was one of the few days a year that I really wish we had AC.

I need to get off here and go through the pictures I took. Hope you've all had a good weekend and you're off to a great start this week

~air hugs~

~Jessi

sharonjohnson44 responded:
Good Afternoon Now!
Getting a late start today. My daughter had a "surpise" waiting for my when I got home on Friday night so my weekend was weird.
She is 4 1/2 months pregnant, didn't know it, has been on the pill and has also had light periods for the past coule of months, thought the period fairy was being nice to her. Well she found out on Friday and we (my husband and me) were told Friday after work. She lives with us, she is 23, but is not with the father. Have spent most of my morning dealing with insurance, but she has an appointment for tomorrow for the firtst check up...leave it to my duaghter to be just like her mom, the 1% who can get pregnant on the pill.
She is keeping the baby and is currently with the new boyfriend so all we can do is keep out fingers crossed. Took her to lunch on Saturday and to the craft store she is now sewing together a baby blanket. I crochet so I will be making a baby blanket as soon as she finds out what she is having. Still waiting for it all to sink in though...wasn't expecting this at all...
Needless to say the stress of the whole situation has caused my back to be in spasms all day long so I am going to becoem one with the heating pad tonight.
That is my story and I am sticking to it!! (trying to see the good in the situtation) I was also a young mother and struggled for many many years...
Sharon

rudyandirmouse replied to angelswife's response:
angelswife, I'm sorry you have a headache now. Hope your are feeling much, much better by the time you read this post.

Sorry about the rain. We had some heavy rain on Sunday.but no damage from it. No tornado either. It sure felt like it could have been worse here. Felt like we were in the tropics the rain was coming down so hard. Sorry your area had damage from your storms.

Wow that's awesome having the hummingbird come right up to you. I hear they do that when making an area their home. We have 4 of the little birds here that zoom around from feeder to feeder and it's cool to watch them. So far no one of them has come up to me.

Soooo glad that you are feeling better. I'm sure being able to get up and move around has made a world of difference for you. I know it's been a long haul getting to this point but it's all going to be much better from this point on.

Also glad you are feeling crocheting. Have you figured out what your plans are for my scarf yet? I found a small piece of the yarn yesterday that must have fallen off when I was packing it and thought about how it's coming along, so thought I'd ask you while I had your ear.

Okay will close this here.. sending gentle hugs to you.. Linda R

rudyandirmouse replied to dollbug's response:
MiMi, that story about the hummingbird and the man was amazing.. thanks sooo much for sharing it with us. It lifted my spirits.
Linda R.

maggiethedoglover replied to dollbug's response:
Dear MiMi,

Thanks so much for continuing to contribute every day to this website. Your hummingbird story is amazing and I'm sure each of us who read it, felt somehow uplifted by it. Here in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, I have never seen a hummingbird in the wild.

Soft hugs,

maggie

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.