Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lyrica no longer working....help
tlp2815 posted:
I seriously am at my wits end. I was on Lyrica 50mg for about 2 years until it stopped working. I then decided to try Savella ( too many side effects for me) and then Topomax which did nothing for my pain but gave weird headaches. I am back on the Lyrica (this time 75mg's) and it seems to work on and off for my pain. The last 2 days no relief at all. I took 1 in the am and then tried another at night. No relief. I dont understand why its not working at all now. Could I have built up a tolerance to it or is it just that it doesnt work for me anymore or maybe Im not taking enough. I need to be able to function and have a clear head since I am a stay at home mom of 19 month old twins. Any suggestions? I am going in September to see a Neurologist who specializes in fibro. I am hoping he has some other suggestions for me. I have been on Cymbalta, Flexeril and all kinds of NSAIDS, none of which have worked for me. Im hoping for a new "miracle drug" to come out soon. I know there are some in clinical trials with the FDA but I wish they would hurry up. Does anyone have a "cocktail" that works for them? The pain and fatigue are really affecting my life negatively.

Randm2220 responded:
So sorry to hear lyrica is not working. I am currently taking lyrica and it seems to be doing ok. Of course the pain is not gone, but it is diminished. I tried to come off it a few months ago because they were going to change me to cymbalta but that was a nightmare! I felt terrible and the pain was unbearable. They left me on lyrica and added the cymbalta. I could not take lyrica in the mornings at all. It made me foggy. I just take it at night.

I hope you find the right combo soon! Taking care of twins is a full time job and needs you to be on your toes!

Kim

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.