Skip to content
Fever
SilverDove7 posted:
Can a person have a high fever with fibromyalgia or a flare up? I cant seem to get mine down and its been way up there. Then it will bounce. Ive seen my primary doc and she gave my antibiotic, a shot..for what im not sure. Im hurting off and on and it moves around. Im just not feeling well at all if the temp doesnt get better im going to the ER.

Sabrina

dollbug responded:
Hello Sabrina....the doctor gave you an antibiotic which was a shot and did not tell you for what......did they do bloodwork or run any other tests on you? I know that when I first got sick I felt like I was getting the flu....aches and pains....but no fever....and sometimes I feel like I have a fever but don't....I don't think the high fever would be FM....don't know how long it has been...but I would also worry about having a high fever for a long time....

I hope you feel better soon...

Post when you can to let us know what is going on...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
High fevers in an adult are not very good, but summer viruses can be at hand now. Hope you won and took a tepid bath....took tylenol and motrin and rested. Stay hydrated....

The ER is a place to go, but your attending should have given you a plan when you saw him. That this will persist for 24 hours...take this for the fever, do this for the pain, call ME if there is no change or if there is a change we don't expect....

Hmmm.

Hope you are doing better at this point......Nancy B

SilverDove7 replied to booch007's response:
All tests came back negative. I went to the er Thursday evening and all tests came back normal. Then this Friday am I woke with a itchy rash on my neck which quickly spread. So it is a reaction to one of the recent meds i was prescri
bed by my primary doc. None had anything to do with the bipolar. I still run a temp off and on. I was given a shot of cortizone and a shot of antihistamine. I was told to see my primary in one to two days.

Sabrina

annette030 replied to SilverDove7's response:
Rashes can be caused by many things, not just meds. Fevers can also be caused by many different things. I hope yours have gone away by the time you read this.

I had a fever up to 101.0 off and on for months years ago, when I was in peri-menopause. My pcp tested me to high heaven, and when he said the next thing he knew to do was a bone marrow aspiration to check for some cancers, I decided to stop and wait and see. He was okay with that too. I moved away several months later, and after another six months or so, it went away. I still don't know exactly what caused it. I had had FMS for several years already.

Take care, Annette

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.