Skip to content
Does anyone have opions on savella?
Rosalenna posted:
I was just given a two week starter pack and I was wondering if anyone has had success with it? Or are the side effects too extreme to stay on it. I just want to find some relief and this is the next step my Dr is willing to take, he says he knows this is a lifetime battle and there are not that many med options at this time. I know it's been a long time since I first entered a discussion, I have been reading everyone's posts it's just been a very rough time. I hope things will continue level for awhile.

tlp2815 responded:
Honestly, I could not tolerate the Savella. I took it for 3 days and was incredibly sick with bad side effects- dizziness, vomiting, nausea, sweating, weird dreams and terrible headache. For me, it was not worth it. I took the 12.5mg the 1st night as instructed then in the am and then went up to the 25mg. Waayyy to much for me. I called my dr and discontinued it. I then tried another med and it did nothing for me. Im back to Lyrica which sometimes works for me and sometimes doesnt. You are correct- this is a battle for us. Trial and error and meds work differently for some people. If you want to give the Savella a try go ahead, maybe you can tolerate it but I would recommend doing it over a weekend in case you are sick. Good luck!

MaMaTwig responded:
I have been on Savella since March, and it was the best decision I ever made, I started on 12.5 mg for one week, then 25mg for a week, and now I take 25mg twice a day.....this is the best I have ever felt, It upset my stomach for the first 2 weeks, but I kept taking it because after the first week, I noticed a difference....but PLEASE remember we are all different when it comes to medicine and what works for one might not work for another. But since taking the Savella, I am able to manage the pain much better, and my energy is much better...I have been able to do things that I couldn't do for years...I still PACE myself.....but it was honestly a life saver for me.....I still excercise..I use an eliptical machine 5 days a week, it was hard to start excercising again, I started out slow, and then kept progressing....I also take many vitamins. I basically decided on my own to stop taking all of the medication my PCP had me on, it was a hard road, but well worth it.
My Rheumatologist suggested the Savella, and since I have basically tried everything out there, I said Why Not...and I am glad I did....GOOD LUCK TO YOU.......
CHRISTINA :)

MaryinMt responded:
I would suggest you try it for yourself , each person is different. I am doing well on 50mg twice a day. I am able to maintain a desk job and work full time because of this medicine. I have had some sweats off and on but it is worth it. Wish you luck.
Signing off with tender hugs , caring thoughts and well wishes.

Weezie6452 responded:
I tried it a few years ago but it didn't suit me. However it is a wonder drug for so many people that you should give it a try.

Probably the biggest advice would be to start slowly. The starter titration kit can be too fast for many people. My doctor gave me 3 of them so that I could stretch it out that much longer. (She even had me cut the first pill in 1/2 for 5 days.) It will also make it easier for you to tell if you hit a dose that is too much for you.

Good luck, I hope it works well for you.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.