Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I'm having a REALLY BAD DAY! Fibromyalgia
An_247151 posted:
was suppose to go out with a freind from Calgary and Im in Ont.haven't seen her in 2 yrs but I feel so ...well you know a 11 out of 10 on the pain chart I hurt all over if I had 1 wish it would not be to win the lotto ticket but to be pain free from my fibro., scoliosis, degenerative disc. disease, chronic headaches major depression OMG I,m so sick of feeling like this!!!!it is very wet and raining the pass couple days we need it but it kills me..

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I hope you did get to see your friend. We all have to decide what kinds of things are worth the price in pain and fatigue fallout and this sounds like something that could be good for you. (((softhugs)))
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

xperky responded:
Sometimes it's too much! Getting all dressed, made up, in uncomfortable shoes, etc. can be draining when you have all those illnesses. The rain doesn't help at all.

I hope you saw your friend though. Friends are precious.
With Compassion,
Margaret

Anon_2912 responded:
Then don't go. Crawl back into bed, but when you awake you will have guilt for not going to see your friend added to your issues....

I will never say "NO" to any gatherings, wheather it be friends, family or co-workers.

I believe staying social helps my mental state alot. Yes I have pain, but I am not dying...neither is my life.

rudyandirmouse responded:
An_247151, Linda R here and I am so sorry you are feeling so unwell today and have a full plate of medical issues.

I know oh so well how fibro/ "IT" alone can try to take your day away from you and then enjoy seeing how you feel so depressed about losing it to feeling badly that you gave in to "IT" and stayed home and in bed. DON'T LET IT!

I have had the fibro dx for over 30 years and have learned no matter how terrible I feel "IT" isn't going to kill me. I will live another day so I might as well live the day I feel so flu like, tired and achy, MY WAY and get up, get out and get moving.

I too have scoliosis, disc disease, migraines, depression and IBS along with vertigo and ear and eye issues, but I don't let them stop me from having each day my way. I now have medications for each of my illnesses or I have treatments to ease others. I don't have time for a piety party. I hate giving "IT" even once second of a day that belongs to ME!

I also know so well that weather play a role in how I will feel, rain and over coast days are killers, but again, I take my ugly weather days slowly and get small things done and at the end of the day I can go to bed with a smile of satisfaction and rest from a day I did my way.

I hope you have a good today and a day that you took back from fibro's grip.
Gentle hugs to you, Linda R

newgrandma1953 responded:
Hi,
I feel for you with all my heart. There is hope and there are treatment options! I too suffer from Fibro, depression, IBS, and arthritis. First I must say that my Jesus has sustained me from one day to another. Prior to developing Fibro I was never one for pills or a complainer at all, and very active. I considered myself to have a high pain threshold but this Fibro it is truly a monster, and it knocked me down for the count. I had tried acupuncture, hot pool therapy, on and on. I tried Lyrica, Savella, Tramadol, Gabapentin, Hydrocodone, then finally Oxycodone. The Oxycodone helped to some degree however the pain was still at a level 8-9 most of the time. The fatigue was at the same level. Then I was recommended to Brigham and Womans Pain Management Department to see one of their Dr's. That suggestion was a gift. One of their fantastic doctors tried an IV Lidocaine infusion which didn't work at the time but then he perscribed a oral medication called Topiramate ! This medication has given me my life back. Oh I still have some pain but not that level of pain that brings you to the brink of despair. Please do consider being seen at a Pain Management Department. There is one at Uconn, in Mansfield Ct. and another at Brigham and Womens Hospital in Massachusettes. I'm sure there are others. Don't give up, YOU'RE worth it! I'll keep you in my prayers.
with love and prayers
Carol

booch007 responded:
I am coming in so late on this.

HOPE you went out anyway and kept it small......the distraction from pain with love is good medicine.....Just medicate a bit more and move...

The regret of not going adds to the depression and hate of this mess we are in. I just get there and find a spot to sit and rest while the "mouth" is moving and laughter starts and before you know it...pain levels are lower.

I really don't hold back from much unless it is a travel thing. Walking a mall, a park outing, artist workshops....I know that this would be too much.

But a gathering of friends at a table.....a good seat...the distraction from self is stronger then any pill you could swallow.

I hope so much that you went. The anticipation of this event might have raised the pain sense as well...........we can be our own worst enemy*...really. .

OK, hope you are better by this time I write to you. Nancy B

annette030 replied to Anon_2912's response:
Well said.

Take care, Annette

rickie3grandsons replied to newgrandma1953's response:
thank you Carol I live in Ontario Canada and I am not sure we have places like that??I had 4 sons all natural birth youngest one is 23 ..26..30..33 and I worked 2 shifts in a factory and lots of overtime we were on the go with hockey soccer you name it and we were on the go and I worked for 30 yrs very hard and i do have a very high pain tolerance now this... I cannot work anymore and am so depressed we have tried everything .... I have been waking up for the past 2 weeks with extreme headackes and going to dr.s again well I will ask him of any place that you had mentioned aound here Im willing to do anything thanks ...and gentle hugs (I love that quote).

rickie3grandsons replied to booch007's response:
hi Nancy Thankyou for your kind words I did not go on tues I could barely get out of bed and my headaches are really bad I need no lights and cold compact on my head it is very intense.My friend was in another town at her sons and MY husband asked if I would like to go see her on sunday which we did ...so glad we went and I was feeling better it was a nice day also it really helps talking to people that can relate to this ...thankyou and have a great day!

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.