Skip to content
Fibro and PMS
jennagale76 posted:
I've finally realized that I go into a fibro and IC flare every month the week before my period. I've heard of it before, but just now realizing it's been happening every month for quite some time now. I am so dang miserable, I took a tramadol this morning, then a nabumetoe, then another nabumetone. I'm now wondering if I should take a Soma. I can't take any more tramadol or nabumentone until tonight and I'm in so much pain. I don't know what to do.
Sorry, just needed to vent, I'm frustrated and nobody understands except you guys.
~Jen

Take the Poll

Does your menstrual period affect your fibro?
  • yes, always
  • yes, sometimes
  • no
  • not sure
  • I don't menstruate
vote
View Poll Results

HelplessHope responded:
Not sure. But i have had fibro pain among other issues since my hysterectomy in may.

jennagale76 replied to HelplessHope's response:
Did you have fibro before your hysterectomy?

HelplessHope replied to jennagale76's response:
No. I did not have fibro before hysto.

crazytaurenswife responded:
As well as I can figure, my FM symptoms began not too long after my hysterectomy. I was 22 then and I'm 33 now. I still have at least one of my ovaries and I haven't gone through menopause yet. DH teases me frequently about my 'hot flashes' and keeps saying I'm menopausal

jennagale76 replied to crazytaurenswife's response:
Interesting.... my fibro began during my first (and only) pregnancy with twins.

HelplessHope replied to jennagale76's response:
I kept both ovaries. But apparently they are shuting down acording to blood work. I have hot flashes, crying spells, loss of sex drive........I feel like my life is doomed. Not only am I having hormonal issues, I now have fibro. I want my energy and happy back.

jennagale76 replied to HelplessHope's response:
I totally understand about wanting your energy and happy back. Some days it's all I can do to get out of bed. When I let myself dwell on the fact that I'm gonna have this the rest of my life, I get really depressed, so I try not to dwell on it. Yesterday was a really bad day for me, and today is not looking so great either.
Coming to this group really helps, just reading what others have to say and knowing that they understand is a huge help for me.
I hope you get everything under control, will be thinking of you!

fibrofran17 replied to jennagale76's response:
Hi Jenna, I am 62 and had unbearable feminine issues from day one in my teens. I have read alot about the issues lately and Fibro is the "cause" of the issues, not the other way around. Fibro screws things up and then we deal with the affects after .
See a good gyno and I bet you have endometriosis, it was the DEVIL for me, one week out of every month my body was a torture chamber, nothing helped, I tried it all. Finally got a partial hysterectomy at 40 and felt way better than my whole life. I have to deal with menopause but thats a walk in the park compared to the periods from hell. Good luck, get good help, chip away at the symptoms of fibro one at a time and life will turn around for you.
fibrofran

jennagale76 replied to fibrofran17's response:
Hi Fibrofran~ I have had terrible feminine issues too, sinc ethe beginning of this nightmare. I was diagnosed with interstitial cystitis a few years ago, which is a bladder disease that is a related disorder to fibro. the next time I go to my gyno (oct) I'll mention the horrible periods. Every month the fibro and ic both flare when I'm already PMS'ing and I can't stand it any longer. I'll find out what she says. Thanks for the info!

fibrofran17 replied to jennagale76's response:
jenna, let me know how it goes at the doc, best wishes, ask alot of questions, fibrofran

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
371 of 398 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.