Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
53* and leaves falling!
booch007 posted:
OMG...it is here (for now) this whole week will be cool and rain free and beautiful.....the flowers are finishing their display for the season and the insects are gathering for the winter....all my plants are chewed!

The lawns are still good as we had amazing amounts of rain this years again. So green is still all around. But brisk has come. Windows open and the hope of a mental recharge is put out there.

I am struggling with old pain....It returned after the wedding and I have not figured the tool to control it. In fact last night I had my head turned too much for a continued time and the muscles of my dang neck....the scalenes (my nemesis) went into spasm and i couldn't swallow...I jumped up and got the heating pad on it...stretched and tried to relieve it. NOPE.

SLEPT IN THE RECLINER. I couldn't lay down without choking.

THIS IS OLD PAIN. I had this in the beginning of my diagnosis......
So, I am on notice with my body to CUT IT OUT...rest and play by the rules now and try to mend. I am regretful each morning when I awake as I can't walk on my feet either. OLD PAIN.....(bought new shoes times 2 and no difference, had a foot massage yesterday...watching fro feeling i had there and nope..no help)

I am discouraged..........but you all know I have been at this a long time. I guess just frustrated at how badly I have lost ground. The pain is about a 8-9/10 in the morning and I have to will myself out of bed, more then usual......I even have the headache this a.m. and I did NOTHING YESTERDAY. To do nothing on a beautiful day is SO hard on the head.

Today I have Sunday dinner with the girls...I am NOT GOING to lift Madelyn....BIG TRIGGER. I will position myself to the inside of the table so it is a non issue.....Dang it. I hate this mess I am in......

Actually the mess we are ALL IN. I wish I had the brilliance to figure it out fo us and maybe if someone does they get a NOBLE PRIZE!

OK, I am off the soap box, I needed a rant to dump this here....it has been a long time since I needed to cry on the board. I am 20lbs up from my loss of 50 lbs and mad at myself for the indulgences I allowed and I stopped dancing on the trampoline and walking.....

I have promised myself once out of the pit I am in, I will get back to GOOD HABITS....no one will care for me if I don't care for me*. .

Man, I feel lousy sitting and reading this....my head, right neck, right arm and legs....crap*.

As always...Carpe diem. Get your boxing gloves on, we have a fight ahead of us for a day to remember....for me...iPad in the sun and then off to dinner...........Take care. Nancy B .

dollbug responded:
Hello Nana B...You have been through a huge deal this summer...you body is just trying to recover...so much to do with a wedding...you were in full mode of trying to keep up...probably did not even realize how stressed your body was...so it is now time for the mind and the body both to rest...you did not pay attention to it at the time...because you had so much to do...no time to worry about the new aches and pains you had...

I am sure that with time and some rest...you will get back on your routine of what was helping you cope better...you will start the dancing again...and the walking and you will get *fixed* again...I think we all cross this line every now and then and as always...when we do...well...we pay and pay dearly for doing it...

Try to take the extra time and allow your body to rest...
You know too well...everything takes time and effort...there are no quick fixes for us FMers...regardless of how much we would like for it to be...

You are so right though...no one will take care of us...it is left up to us to do this...

Take care and good luck with feeling better soon.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Dear Nancy,

I am jealous of your weather. I am so sorry to hear how bad you are feeling. I really hope you recover fast. I understand being so upset. Pain has a way of dragging you down. You are in my prayers.

Gentle Hugs, Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

booch007 responded:
Well I said I wouldn't hold Madelyn....she wouldn't be with anyone else last night...OUCH. I kept her busy with my necklace*...(then she broke it) stupid of me....

I woke with the alarm this a.m. and coming along a bit better today and I have shots...going to share with the neurologist my plight right now.....

I have increased the tramadol to 2 tablets for a bit to help and it does......but the energy is sapped from me then. A trade off. Today I have DH home for the first time! Honeymooners are back and DS opens the store today....... I am so happy to have him home, not so happy at the list of things to do for either of us.

He has lawn and hedges and I have pool to close/cover and so much in the wrong place. I MUST NOT DO TOO MUCH after shots today....that is where I screwed up 2 weeks ago and never recovered....

I also have a leaking "grease trap"..in the garage that needs snaking (poor DH)...we have everything out of the way so not so bad to get to. This is when a condo/townhouse seems like a great thing!....well all the outside stuff right now make that all seem so great.

I sat last night looking out on DS#1's veranda..maintained by the complex and their beautiful built-in pool and just said....dang, I would never be in the house, I would be reading a book at that pool ALL THE TIME.....

Well, here is hoping the DOC can put HUMPTY DUMPTY back together again!!

Hugs to all...............Nancy B

gdsjoy replied to booch007's response:
What kind of shots do you get? I was told because I have FMS the trigger shots wouldn't help any, or something like that. My brain doesn't work, so I can't remember exactly what the doc said, but it was along those lines.

booch007 replied to gdsjoy's response:
Gdsjoy,

I do get trigger point injections as I am more CMP, chonic myofascial pain with taut bands and spastic muscles, then I am tender zones and brain fog, fatigue.

I really feel we are different yet they say the same. I guess cousins!

Anyway, this is a therapy that is painful and not for the faint of heart, yet is the most effective for me. Yesterday I received 3 syringes to the neck...I asked for no other zone to be paid attention to as the neck was so bad. Each fine muscle was worked on and dang I am sore today.

I played it right afterwards. Did a few things with good muscle usage without crossing the line, and then I rested.....hot pak on and meds in. Nap done and did better during the night.

I return to work today and the added distraction should help pull me upout of the dark hole. We will see.

Have a good/ better day....Nancy B

gdsjoy replied to booch007's response:
My massage therapist did some myofascial massage on me this summer. Super painful, the most pain I've ever experienced, included child birth, of course I opted for drugs and epidural. I can't think of the exact name of the massage. I did feel a ton better the day after, and had soaked in an epson salt bath. The next day after that, over did it and injured my knee. 2 1/2 months later, have injured the same knee twice since then, lol. Guess she really loosened up some tissue and made my knee more wobbly? I need to go back. Took a big fall yesterday and worried about pain with the bruises. btw, I'm not even 40 yet, just thought I'd throw that in since this message makes me sound so much older. I guess FMS should be called an aging syndrome, just not outwardly so. lol

xperky replied to booch007's response:
Nancy, I hope you are doing better today. These big events are really hard on us! I had to ready the house for a guest last weekend. It was a huge job, a push every day for over 2 weeks. Then a big gathering - my DH hosted a regional bowling tourney and I helped with all that. The socializing for days was too much. Now I'm having a combo FM/RA flare like I've never had before.

I know you have plenty of tools in your kit! It must have been scary when your neck tightened up so much. You rarely get in so much trouble, but you did hostess a very important event in the lives of the ones you love. Please slow down now - for quite a while.

I know we feel obligated to help our families with social events, keep up appearances with our homes, etc. I can't wait for the time we down-size our home. It seems like more work than pleasure most times now. We need to relax with our feet up more often!
With Compassion,
Margaret

booch007 replied to xperky's response:
Thanks Margaret,

I am doing so much better. Spent all the shots on the neck, no back work and I am better for it. I also rested and used great mechanics after, to be sure of better response.

I would say 30-40 injections were done. I have some hickeys there...but worth the effort. Was movable by Wed...and still being so careful.

I have a few things this weekend but so much has been returned to its place...I still had liqour and soda on the patio til this past Monday! (2 weeks post)!

Thanks for asking. Nancy B

OH, my memories are forever.....WORTH IT.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
368 of 395 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.