Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How many here are noticing fibro issues year round>
rudyandirmouse posted:
Linda R here and I was wondering how many here are noticing fibro issues and pain year round now?

I know that a few years ago I could go many months, April through October, pretty much fibro issues/ symptom, pain free.

Now I am noticing that I have some fibro issues or small flares during those once fibro symptom(s) free.

Question: Am I the only one who once had the warmer months of summer with no, or little to no, fibro issues and now are dealing with fibro issues/ flares/ pain in some form year round.?

Gentle hugs to all, Linda R.

dollbug responded:
Hello Linda...when I first got sick the summer months were horrible for me....I could not go outside at all without the sweat just rolling off of my body...this year I have not been able to get out as much but it has not be as bad as in the past. I am not sure why but I am really glad...

I wish I could say that I have some fibro free days...but I don't...in fact, I don't think I can ever day that I have had any pain free days...with no pain at all. I always have some sort of pain somewhere on my body...it is just not the same awful pain all of the time...thank GOD for this...I sometimes forgot to take my vitamins and I can soon tell a BIG difference...this is why I am certain that the vitamins do indeed help the pain that I have.

There are days when I have to tweak the vitamins just to make my brain/body think that I am changing them...for the most part it works though...I have just started a new multi vitamin recently and I am hoping it is going to also make a difference...

I think our body eventually *adjusts* better or either we just learn how to cope better...

Take care and I hope you have a good day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

katmandulou responded:
Extremes in temperatures make me limp, and I'm not talking about walking.

Heat over 85F plus humidity makes me nothing short of a wet towel. The dog and I will sit in front of a fan panting at each other. Antiperspirants stop working, oh it's awful.

Cold is a slightly different story. Under 32F and I just can't move, like my limbs get frozen, too. At least when it's cold I can put on another sweater. I've never liked the cold, it makes me ache.

Perfect weather for me is 50s-70s, a little dry and a breeze. let me know if you live there, and if there is any housing available...
Lou

jennagale76 responded:
I have pain year round, always have.

rudyandirmouse replied to jennagale76's response:
I guess I have been lucky then. I really do well in the summer months. Not sure if it's the warm sun or if it's because I can get out and do things and not be stuck inside on those cold, cloudy, sunless days of winter.

Thanks for the input and here's hoping that for each of you that the coming months will be good for you and that your fibro issues will few to none.
Gentle hugs, Linda R.

MrsWonderful34 responded:
Hello Linda R,

For the first few years of "life with fibro" I did have a few months of the year with just light pain - warmer weather, feelin better. Extreme cold and those humid rainy days would kill me. (Maryland weather is a little bit of everything). This past year I've suffered year round pain, my PM doc has noticed that I need more frequent injections and has had to increase pain med dosage (which has been fine for over 2 years). I don't know if it's aging (45 now), more stress in my life (two challenging teenage daughters) or the disease itself taking over; but YES - I have noticed the fibro issues getting worse recently. I wish we all had more answers than questions, this is a tough road to walk. Even the head doc at my clinic has told me more patients are having flare-ups at more frequent intervals....so it's not in our head. Maybe over the next few months some facts will come to light to help us. Not sure if you've already done this - but keep getting that Vit D level checked (it makes a big difference if I can keep that around 60) and if you get any injections ask for B-12 every other time, that seems to keep the pain flares down a little too. Good luck and God Bless.

booch007 responded:
Linda,

Since being in trouble i have only have ONE DAY..painfree and issue free. It was an Easter Sunday, I remember it well. I JUST GOT UP. and when I realized it..it was amazing***

But no this guy follows me everyday. Worse in the morning where I have to sometimes talk myself out of bed, tell myself "come on you know it gets better" M O V E ......stretch.....

I wish it would break for a good gap, i wish I could figure this out, i wish I had a magic answer for me and so many that struggle the worst with this. I count myself so lucky to have distraction and a good doc and a toolbox that is large and diversified to keep circling around in to get better.

A small life now though, always going to be a small life....no big travels, out all night playing, friends all around (I am not dependable so they dry up) and I seem to gravitate to the broken of us that are around. They understand that life is fragile at times.

I will say I didn't have the summer of sitting in the sun reading a book......due to the wedding, but this makes summer better for me. "Lazy days of summer". Didn't happen.

I am still cleaning up after the wedding I had planned (and the kicker) is it rained and we weren't even in the YARD!. All that for nothing.

Who knew? Almost funny that we work for things and God is laughing saying...nope that is not happening! Mother nature rules! As we saw with the engagement party in the Hurricane we had. I fought all the way........but this wedding knocked me out. Hugs, Nancy B

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
456 of 531 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.