Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Help for dry skin
    missshortyd posted:
    Hi Fmily
    My skin has become so dry lately and I have tried everything.
    Can any one give me some suggestions please.
    Thanks
    Linda

jennagale76 responded:
    It can be messy, but I use olive oil.

SimoneSilvestrin responded:
    Hi dear,

get any body cream and add grape oil to it.
    You can add Junipers Essence oil or lavender or Ylang Ylang.
    The farmacist will help you with the blend.
    Mix very well and enjoy it!
    I like Avon Naturals line.

xperky responded:
    My dermatologist recommended Cetaphil Cream, the jar version. It is great. I also like Neutrogena dry skin cream, in the small tube, and it heals my hands after yard work or exposure to cleansers. A little goes a long way with either of these and they come in unscented versions. Of course, apply right after toweling off after a shower, while your skin is still damp.
    With Compassion,
    Margaret

missshortyd replied to xperky's response:
    Thanks !!!!! : )

debrabrooks1960 responded:
    Dear Linda,

Be sure to drink plenty of water or other fluids. Also you can go to a Heath food store and ask for a liquid fish oil with Omega 3 and 6. start with a very small amount in a glass of orange juice and drink it. Add a little more each day until you are at the recommended level. The level should be on the bottle or the person at the health food store can tell you.You will be amazed how soft you skin will be. Plus the fish oil has a ton of other health benefits. It really helped me.

Soft hugs, Debbie
    Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

xperky replied to missshortyd's response:
    Oh, and I remembered something else while showering today - I switched from liquid cleansers to Dove bar and have much less itchy skin. Also Lubriderm cleanser is nice for washing my face at the sink. All these changes have really helped me. I hope they help you and others.

Interesting tidbit about fish oil. It seems to have lots of benefits!
    With Compassion,
    Margaret

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
    Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    489 of 564 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.