Skip to content
TGIF***8/24/2012 ****Roll Call *** New members too****
dollbug posted:
TGIF***and a good morning to each of you. Here is hoping that you were able to rest last night and that you will have a great day today....as we wind down the month of August...where has this month gone????? So much going on and the month just flies by anymore...it will soon be fall time and hopefully a nice season of the year for us all...not too hot, not too cold...just right...I guess we will soon see.

Schools are back in session here and the playschools will start soon after labor day...so I will be back to keeping Noah for 2 days this year...he is such a sweetheart, for the most part...growing up so fast...he will soon be 3 and has been potty trained now for a long time...I can not believe how much he knows and how quick he learns...Alec had open house last night and I hope this went ok for him...he was able to see his room and where his desk will be for this school year. I am sure this is going to be quite an experience for him...he is all boy...

Not much going on here...the weather is supposed to be nice this week-end...I am glad that the sun is shining...we have had enough rain for a while now...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group...I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...learn all you can about how others have found what works for them...it does take a trial and error process though which takes a while to find just the right combination of *tools and tips* that will do the trick...there are no quick fixes that I am aware of...(we wish)...
and what works for one may or may not work for you...so keep on keeping on...until you find what will help you cope better...everything in dealing with the wrath of the dragon is a process...

As for me...I have found that taking vitamins and supplements and doing other things as well is my key to *control my FM pain*....now if I could only find the magic of helping the chronic fatigue...I am certainly open to any ideas that anyone might have..

Vitamin D...be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...which is so important to a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Each Friday we have Roll Call and we hope those of you who care to will post every Friday and update us on whatever you care for the FMily to know about what is going on with you...it is just a good way to close the week and start the week-end off to a good start...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Have a good Friday...enjoy the sun if you can.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Hello and TGIF everyone, I hope this finds each of you feeling well and not dealing with fibro pain or "ITs" issues. I hope you have had a good week and that you some nice plans for this weekend.

It's warm here, over 90, but not muggy. It was a very nice weather day here yesterday. DH and I were out doing some shopping and it felt so nice even tho it was in the 90's. Go figure that.

The news here is getting ready for what will be left of ISAAC as it's looking like it may be coming our way Tuesday or Wed. If ISSAC gains strength, and they think it will, and if it makes landfall by way of Mobile, Al or Pensacola, Fl, it will surely rise up to Middle Tennessee. When it does it will bring strong winds and dump rain here for days. Not a great way of ending the month of August, but we have had years where we have had TSs.storms that were once hurricanes that came up from the Gulf and brought flooding and wind damage. Hugo for example dumped rain on us for 5 days. So not looking forward to what's could be left of TS ISAAC.

I have an easy day going on today. I just have my monthly back adjustment @ 1:30 but nothing of importance before or after. This is DH's weekend off so am thinking of fun things that we can do even if only as day trips. I have never seen the Mammoth Caves of KY so thought might do. But DH plans to go fishing on Sunday morning so that cuts my weekend in half if we have to be back Saturday late evening.. So I thought maybe of driving down to Tunica, Mississippi as a day trip. It's not that far from us and it would be nice. But I gotten any firm ideas yet that I can put into stone.

Angelswife, I do hope that you had a good night last night and that it wasn't so muggy or too hot. I think of you so often and wish that you were feeling better. So glad you got to walk in your nature path that you love so much. Even if it was only a short walk and even tho it took you longer than before, think of it: You were there and you were walking! You go girl!!

cece, MiMi, Jessi, Lou, Teelady, NancyB and NMJeepguy, here's wishing each of you a great weekend!

Will close this here and get my ' lazy summer day"
moving along.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

Teelady1 replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Happy Friday!

Wow - a great night of sleep last night! Woo hoo!! Feeling good today. The massage last evening helped, too. I had my therapist really work on the areas for the hips and hamstrings. Helped tremendously!

Not a lot planned for the weekend - which is nice. We're having an outdoor church service Sunday - and unfortunately, there is rain in the forecast. Hopefully, it will rain later in the day.

Planning to spread out some of the house chores over the weekend and have time to read and crochet.

Wishing everyone a great weekend with little or no pain - and good sleep!

fibroinsd responded:
Happy Friday..

I am exhausted...I have been working all day for a couple of days...Wed. and Thursday..and then last night took mom and dad out for their 65th wedding anniversary. This morning I took mom and dad to mom's neurologist for a check-in...He didn't do anything...and just said she is in the moderate stage of this disease. I don't think he asks many questions..so not sure how he knows...But again..not much they can do...then I went back to work for the afternoon..I cannot wait to sleep in tomorrow...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi!
I am on my way to bed...I had PT this morning and a funeral this afternoon. I said goodbye to another friend also, who is moving to New Hampshire. It was a rather mixed day, emotion wise.

Still humid here, so I'll be taking a shower, if I have the energy. My eyes are already closing, lol! I just wanted to check in before I called it a day. Hope it was a good one for all.

debrabrooks1960 replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Dear Linda,

If you go to Cave City Kentucky to see Mammoth Cave, keep in mind that at the end of the tour you have to climb around 25 stories of stairs to exit the cave. I went about 15 years ago before I got FM. Those stairs just about did me in. I do not remember if they had an elevator or not. You can call and ask. My brother and I went to a beautiful cave in Cave City called Crystal Oxynx Cave. It was much prettier than Mammoth Cave and not near as hard to walk. It has beautiful Oxynx all through the cave. Good luck with your day trip. I hope you have a great time!

Gentle hugs, Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Friday all! Friday is my favorite day of the week. Things are going great for me! I have had a good week. Even slept better this week. I have tried pacing myself more and that has really helped. Plus my doctor started me on vitamin D a few weeks ago and I have really noticed a difference. I want to thank everyone for suggesting to have my vitamin D level checked. You are all a God send for all the help you have given myself and others. It has made my journey so much easier having this website to visit each day. It is so good to have a place to come to for the good days and bad!

Soft hugs, Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

booch007 replied to angelswife's response:
I am LAGHING....was it the physical therapists funeral????? Can't help myself!*** You gave me a good laugh Sharon in seconds of reading this , this morning....Nancy

booch007 responded:
Coming in on Saturday Morning. BUT TGIF was a valuable mantra yesterday!

I had to be alone as there was few patients, that also means that I have everything to do around that....but the day was so slow.....painful slow.

Mimi, I love the color of shool buses and the look of the stores now with burgandy and browns and the colors of fall....the smell of pencil cases....and all the stuff for school.

Now is the time to fill up with things for the Grands...they are so on sale! So stock up.
Sharon I hope you appreciated my humor as a instant reaction to your statement......I pictured the PT dead from stretching you!! O U C H ! Hope you are doing well.

I will say to all the fmily that I am still in trouble though I had one day that showed a good rebound from shots....so knowing me, this is the 20lbs I have put on. The thought of the workout I need to get into is just scaring me to death. I have the vascular surgeon on Monday and will get the next leg done (though with the new fat return...the vessel is not incompetent right now).....but it will if I go down again.

I WILL start today to walk. I WILL.......

To fight two issues...my weight and this dragon, I see that they are intertwined, though I thought not with the loss of weight and the same pain being with me. IT took about 6mo to a year to feel the BETTER as I was promised. Now I have lost that...... I have to get back to better. Too smart to die from stupid.....

I had an issue with that left eye driving home from work, scared the crap out of me and I was driving right to the Ophthomologists on the way home. A left crescent arch of lights and ribbon like looking colors were in my vision feild to that eye.....I was testing it while driving and trying to improve it. NO PAIN, NO other symptoms...as I know the retina is not right...I was worried that I had a detachment happening......and I was on a parkway....not near the hospital so I continued with the idea of the office and walking in...THEN it just stopped.

I kept thinking did I do anything, headache?, sinuses....?? I was so tired in the car as I took my meds but with the day so slow they knowcked me out and I had trouble driving. GOT HOME AND CRASHED....

Scary time. It is amazing how you can argue with yourself on WHAT TO DO during an incident. I should have turned around probably and gone to the ER....but The eye exam is the same when checked with the retina chart I have....

I see the vascular guy Monday and Cardiology on Tuesday so I am covering some bases...B/P is not stable for me as yet. We need a tweak....I guess the weight gain is not helping my mess.

Tonight I watch the girls and LOVE will give me a boost and then a crash probably*. We will see, I might squeek through.

Here is hoping the weekend is so good for all of you, those in the hurricanes path be ready. I share with you that we "Burped" the house (when I grew upon the island with so many hurricanes). This means...OPPOSITE THE WINDS...crack the windows of your home to help break the pressure gradient on the house. You will have much less damage from pressure on the glass and structure.

This was the norm growing up...it amazes me that no one speaks of it. ALL those scientists and the physics of wind pressure never discussed.......so just sharing. BURP YOUR HOMES....I do. I still also get electrically silent* when the lighting storm is OVERHEAD... he won't pick me out! I sit quiet...all is off....

My neighbors have all beeen hit. NOPE NOT ME.....hiding in the trees . OK just sharing extra stuff........

Have a good weekend I hug you all, nancy B

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.