Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

smoking
    dgoodw83 posted:
    does anyone else smoke cigarettes? i have found myself to smoke more now then ever since i been going through deep depression and its not making the situation any better....

annette030 responded:
    I do not smoke, lost both parents to lung cancer due to their smoking. I was very young, and have never smoked. All anyone can ask is that you do the best you can in life.

Get treated for the depression and other problems, smoking is one to put on the list, but just do your best and don't worry what anyone else says.

Take care, Annette

dgoodw83 replied to annette030's response:
    ty for the encouraging words
    soft hugs to u

Randm2220 responded:
    Dgoodw,

I too smoke..... Since not working I smoke more. That really sucks too. I understand the depression and the need to smoke. I discussed quiting with three of my professional caregivers and they all tell me the same thing. "right now is not a good time to quit". They recommend getting things stable before attempting to quit.

Kim

annette030 replied to dgoodw83's response:
    No worries.

Take care, Annette

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
    Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    489 of 564 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.