Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Has anyone tried myofascial release?
CLKWC1964 posted:
Hey FMily,

Has anyone tried myofascial release and what was your experience with it. Cat:0)

dollbug responded:
Hi again....Again Nana B will tell you all about this as well...I think she has lots of experience trying different things and have found what works for her..

I am sure she will reply when she reads this...

Please remember though that what works for one may or may not work for you.

Take care...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

gabuschka responded:
Good morning,Myofascial release can really help a lot but it can also make you feel much worse if the therapist uses too much pressure. I had mixed experiences. the most important thing I learned is NOT to let the therapist cause any pain during the treatment. a very light touch works much better. I usually feel so much better after this massage because it is a pampering experience and releases a lot a tension and pain. unfortunately the cost is high and my insurance dose not cover it. Hope you have a great day. Gabuschka

CLKWC1964 replied to gabuschka's response:
Gabuschka,

I am actually using a chiropractor for my myofascial release. I felt great directly following this treatment but by the evening I began to experience cervical and lumbar spine pain- severe. It was very expensive even with insurance. I have 4 more sessions set up so far and it is really going to break the bank but if it works I will not care so much about the cost. Just praying for a miracle as I know we all are. So very tired of being in pain. It makes me very negative as much as I try to be positive and not get depressed I fail miserably too often. Cat:0)

gabuschka replied to CLKWC1964's response:
a ray of hope and then disappointment! wish this had gone better for you but also glad you at least had some relief even just for a little while I am sorry you felt so much pain later on after the treatment. does your chiropractor know what a financial burden this is for you? Perhaps you can work out payment plans to better accommodate your situation? I think sometimes the body gets so stuck in the pain memory and it takes a lot to get out of it.I picture it like reprogramming a program in a computer. It takes time, patience, expertise...you know! Hang in there and follow your gut feelings. If you do not get better from this, try something else. Just don't give up! OK? I really hope the subsequent treatments will be more successfully or that something else will ome along soon to help you feel better. good night. sleep tight. gabuschka

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.