Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Anxiety
kes88 posted:
Recently I have been having HORRIBLE anxiety. I've been told that this can come along with the fibro. I honestly do not know why I get these attacks they just seem to come out of of blue.

my doctor gave me some xanex to help.. sometimes it helps other times it doesn't.

any help?

annette030 responded:
I would learn about CBT, cognitive behavioural therapy.It is great for all kinds of mood disorders.

A book was given to me many years ago by a therapist I was seeing. It is called "Feeling Good" by Dr. David Burns, MD. It is a good read, and has many helpful tips in it. It also has assessment tools that you can use to track your progress.

Take care, Annette

Randm2220 responded:
Kes,

I suffered from anxiety too. It is better now, but not gone. Give it some time.

Kim

fitzgift responded:
I also have experienced this and what helped me was St Jon's Wort it is a herb and as long as you are not on Coumadin there isn't any drug reactions , 5HTP is used with this hope this was helpful

Anon_10089 replied to fitzgift's response:
St. John's Wort can possibly decrease the effect of birth control pills too.

annette030 replied to Anon_10089's response:
Having a baby gives you a lifetime of being tired, lol!!!

Thanks for this warning.

Take care, Annette

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.