Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Wolfsong452 *** Vitamin D level ***
dollbug posted:
Hello again Sharon and again = welcome back....MiMi in NC...I saw your post on the Vitamin D post....I just wanted to chime in here...as you probably already remember...I guess I am the one who started on the Vitamin D kick here...(as I know just how much it affected my health and pain)...and of course, I still try to make a point to include something about it in most of my posts..

I did want to tell you though...that when my level was in the low 40's...my doctor told me that it was still probably too low...

The *normal range* is WIDE...and as I think we all know...what might be an ok level for one person...might not be for someone else. If your Vitamin D was 30....this has to be on the very low, low end of the normal range.

There are some doctors who still do have think that Vitamin D can be such a *issue* for some people...it is sad but so very true.

I know that when I went to my surgeon who did the parathyorid surgery on me...he thought right off that it was my Vitamin D number causing all of my pain...(it wasn't though)...and with the ultrasound he did find out that I had a bad parathyroid which needed to be removed...

My point is this....I hope you will do some research on the internet about Vitamin D...and then decide...perhaps even though your Vitamin D is on the very low end of the *normal*....you might need more..and if you do not get outside a lot...the level will not increase...

I have noticed recently that there are now more multi vitamins that have extra Vitamin D in it...so these companies have addressed the issue that there are a lot of people who just do not get what is needed every day...

Again....it does take time to build your Vitamin D level up....it took me over a year before I was able to really tell a difference...

Take care and good luck...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Wolfsong452 responded:
thanks MiMi, I have been arguing with the pain managment doctor regarding the "D", he said 30 is enough.

I've also said some things to the PCP who also agreed with the pain managment.

sheesh.

I do have a new PCP just haven't been able to get an appointment with them yet. Hopefully they will listen.

If not, I'm still taking the over the counter "D" hopefully I can get the numbers higher by doing it this way.

darn those doctors.

booch007 replied to Wolfsong452's response:
Morning,

My D just came back and it is 30 on 2000 every other day....going up to 2000 everyday for the winter and will recheck in the spring................

Sad thing is I am perfect everywhere else except the cholesterol for the first time was bad and I am still trying to remember the diet I had for the days ahead of the test....but no go (fogbrain). He wants something and I cannot tolerate the statin class . SO, we will banter this out.......

Good luck on the D issues..............Nancy B

gabuschka replied to booch007's response:
dear Nancy, garlic capsules lowered my cholesterol to a level were it actually became too low. i took them daily while caring for a flock of sheep and goats for more than a year. Kept the bugs away and my stamina up. found out low cholesterol is not good because we need a certain amount to keep as from going insane! couldn't find anything on the net on how to raise the cholesterol. I stopped taking the garlic capsules and ate more eggs. the next test showed perfect cholesterol levels. Not sure if it was from avoiding garlic or eating more eggs. the person at the health food store told me he lowered his cholesterol by taking flax seed oil. PS: Garlic is a blood thinner and I had to avoid it for two weeks before surgery. also some people can't digest garlic too well and it can cause digestive upsets. I love it for cooking and preventing infections.

Wolfsong452 replied to gabuschka's response:
definitely going to try more garlic! need to lower the blood pressure, also lower the cholesterol,

so I will be on the safe side, how much were you taking?

I will make sure I won't go that high.

Sharon

gabuschka replied to Wolfsong452's response:
Hi Sharon,
My daily dose was 2 capsules of the Odorless Organic Garlic Supplement made by KYOLIC. I like the Formula 104 with Lecithin for brain fuel. I did take it daily for a long time. Also cooked with garlic adding some fresh parsley before serving the meal so I wouldn't stink so much. That is the drawback of fresh garlic and probably only useful when you are fending off bugs.
My neighbor does triathalones (swim,bike,run long distances) and he uses garlic to enhance his stamina. Certainly need a lot of that for that sport.
Good luck with the garlic! Hope it helps you.

Wolfsong452 replied to gabuschka's response:
totally THANKS,

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
368 of 395 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.