Skip to content
ok so that was a really bad idea!
CLKWC1964 posted:
Hey FMily,

I guess trying to work one job has been a challenge so why the heck would I think I could work 2. It was a disaster. I feel real bad tonight after working an 8 hour shift behind my 5 day work week. So I guess that is the end of that!!!:0( Cat:0)

Randm2220 responded:
Sorry to hear that failed. It is tough to work with fibro. I am no longer working. I just couldn't do my job anymore and my boss let me go. I understood his point and it was a friendly break. Now, he is a really good friend of mine and visit and talk often. Not working has helped me a lot. I do feel better. Still a lot of pain, but I can rest when I need to. Best thing that ever happened to me!

Kim

booch007 responded:
Oh Cat...what were you thinking? Actually I know, my mind still has my old body attached to it!

So many times thnking of great things like jumping buildings in a small bound, but then I wake up. (hoping it is before I do try it!)

So sorry you are hurting more. Don't take this as a negative, take it as a challenge that didn't work out*.

I would love to be a foster mother, always have and maybe one day I can help out....but this body is too challenged to do a 24/7 job as I see it (after many a coversation with it). DH has never been positive with this idea, but we have so much love to give and an empty house now IS an empty house..

Rest up and know you tried your best...........Hugs, Nancy B

Wolfsong452 responded:
ooooo. yeah, been there done that,

never works,

yet, how many times do we keep trying?

good Luck!

booch007 replied to Wolfsong452's response:
I wish we had a like button!.....I volunteered with hospice once I left for a bit thinking I could do it...wrong (broke my heart). But one thing is all that fits in a day and sometimes even that is pushing to get done!...Nancy B

CLKWC1964 replied to Randm2220's response:
Kim,

So glad that worked out for you. I did stop working full time for about 2 1/2 years. I was pretty miserable. I felt very lost and kept myself doing more than I should anyway. I decided for me as long as I can handle working the job I have chosen I will work and have a little extra money and put up with not feeling as well physically. Honestly though I did not feel that well when I wasn't working full time either. The difference for me personally is that I feel a lot better mentally now and productive. My yard and house have suffered because I have discovered that I cannot do it all. The mind does still believe I can do things that I find are really challenging for me but unfortunately my stubborn side takes over a lot of the time and it really gets my physical body in trouble. C'est la vie. Tomorrow is another day. As long as I can I will. Cat:0)

CLKWC1964 replied to booch007's response:
Nancy B,

I think my problem is I wasn't thinking realistically anyway. Now that I tried it though I won't do that again. If I do another clinic it is going to have to be a shorter one. Maybe half a day I could have managed. It was also a little stressful because it has gone computerized like everything else now and I am just a dinosaur when it comes to all that so it did not work well for me personally. Thanks for the advice as always you know so well from experience. Cat:0)

CLKWC1964 replied to Wolfsong452's response:
Wolfsong452,

Me way too many times never do figure it out. I guess I am either stupid or stubborn- maybe both. But the truth is I will not give up until I am in the grave just the way I am put together so I guess I just have to live with it! Take care Cat:0)

Wolfsong452 replied to CLKWC1964's response:
yes, we all we all have to live with it, and just keep trying

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.