Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
do people with fibro often have many other ailments?
rj1600 posted:
through reading the threads, i was wondering if people with fibro are inclined to suffer from multiple ailments/conditions/diseases?
i am currently under the impression that they are more likely to over people who may not have fibro?

MaryinMt responded:
I don't know about everyone else but I was diagnosed with FM about a year ago and am still picking up new conditions. I have frequent heartburn, irritable bowel, anxiety , depression, esopageal reflux, high blood pressure, asthma and recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism and rosacea.

I am still able to work but I have very understanding bosses. I did have to change positions though and my job is very flexible.
Signing off with tender hugs , caring thoughts and well wishes.

gabuschka replied to MaryinMt's response:
Hello, you have almost all the same health problems I have. I can add sinus disease to my list and subtract asthma and high blood pressure. How are you treating the rosacea? It bugs me to not only feel sick but look it too. I tried many prescribed topicals without good results. I know certain foods trigger my rosacea and then it affects my digestive system and sinuses and ends up in more body pain and stiffness. Food Allergies? Good luck to you and please let me know if you find something that works.

dollbug responded:
Hello and welcome....can not remember if I have posted to you or not....MiMi in NC...I did want to comment on your post...I do think that a lot of us have multiple health issues...

I know that when I first got sick I did and did not even know it, at the time....I did computer work for over 14 years at a loan servicing company...and started having problems with my right hand....I was treated for a while...took medicine and had therapy but I was not getting any better...I eventually have carpal tunnel surgery...

I have since had 7 hand surgeries....2 of them being broken wrists where I fell and the others being carpal tunnel problems...I also had parathyroid surgery, cervical (neck) surgery, elbow surgery...each of my health issues had to be addressed before I was able to improve...I am now so much better than I was in the beginning...

I got the FM right after I had my first left hand surgery...which was in Dec 2005...

I have tried different medicines but have since learned how to control my FM pain by taking vitamins and supplements and doing other things as well.

I would encourage you to be sure and get your doctor to check your Vitamin D level....which is important to a lot of people these days....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some and it can also affect other illnesses as well...

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Anon_2912 responded:
In my opinion the average person will have 2-3 symptoms listed under fibro & they do not have Fibro.

So no.

rj1600 replied to Anon_2912's response:
I should have been more clear. I meant other illnesses not other symptoms

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.