Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Foods to stay away from
healingrain posted:
Does anyone else see a link between dairy products and fibro pain?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Not for me. I avoid dairy anyway because I'm allergic (not lactose-intolerant, but allergic) and the FM pain remains bad.

I'll be curious what others say.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

crystalgreeneyes responded:
Yes, I believe there is a link between dairy and fibro pain but for me sugar is the worst. I am trying to avoid gluten as well which is difficult because it's in a lot of foods and not just a component of wheat. It's difficult to avoid sugar too but I made some muffins for my daughter today and I just to had to try one and now I am in agony. Not worth it! I am also very sensitive to food additives, things like MSG. Cutting sugar is good for you anyway. I wasn't planning on losing weight but I have lost 7 pounds since stopping bread, cereal, cakes, cookies, candies and pasta. I barely know what to eat anymore. I just don't know what it might do. Vegetables are good but I can't eat them all the time. Pretty tough. Good luck.

annette030 responded:
No, I don't think there is, at least not for me.

Take care, Annette

fitzgift replied to annette030's response:
For me I have found that whole kernel corn and whole grains make my fibro worse , cornbread and ground corn flour don't bother me sugar isn't good either hope this helps

Anon_2912 responded:
No link.

But everything is blamed for it. It is why doctors so freely diagnois it. It has over 100 symptoms.

I am lactose intolerant, but it is not FM it is because that is just how my body is. No reason for it, it just is.

booch007 responded:
Good morning,

Many here are IBS labeled and yet in that label some were (as I) gluten intolerant. With that comes lactose intolerance and can improve when you heal a bit from the inflammation of the bowel.

I was taught by a good naturalist to stay green, there are many antioxodants and help for pain in the green vegatables......

He would say " green is mean!" and I did have a good improvement in my siuation so I still stay with all green in my life. I stary once in a while, but really...broccoli and swiss chard, string beans, escarole and brussel sprouts etc are always around. I even ate dandolion greens (but salt is the key with them!)

He also said "Don't get SAD...get MAD...." to help motivate me to the moving I needed to do. It helped in the long run, but awful as I passed through this period.

For sure the diet products should be avoided with aspartame in it. It is a neurotoxin and absolutely makes pain worse.

Some here will tell you ther is no clear diet, but I say BE GOOD to yourself and eat well, healthy. You will be better for it.

I bought a vegetarian book thinking I would go all the way but I never got there. Good luck in you trial and error period to find help for youself. Nancy B

cclarke05 responded:
I personally have not noticed a link with dairy products but I have been gluten free for about 2 months now and find that I have increased energy (still low but an improvement) and less overall pain and fewer bowel problems, plus some weight loss which is always a bonus. But I agree with everyone else it seems that the healthier you eat the better you feel including less pain, for me anyways.

Hope this helps!

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
457 of 532 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.