Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Dr. P - Finding a Dr.
Alix1972 posted:
Dr. P,

My GP is AMAZING and has been doing everything she can to try to help me manage the Fibromyalgia and she's got a good head on her shoulders as well. I trust her completely, I really really do. But nothing is working.

I am now considering looking into maybe a Rheumatologist. What is your opinion and what suggestions do you have for finding one who is highly knowledgeable in treating Fibromyalgia. Or, do you have any other suggestions? I have already been the route of a pain management clinic and all they did was throw tons of drugs on top of drugs at me, nearly killing me due to drug interactions. I refuse to go that route again - And by the way, none of the narcotics or muscle relaxers helped with any of my pain.

I'm just very frustrated and tired of feeling like my life is on hold or at best, spotty. I'll be 40 in a few weeks and I'll be graduating college in a year and my biggest fear is that I won't be able to get a handle on my Fibro by then and therefore, I won't be able to hold down a job once I finally get my degree that I've worked so hard for. It will all have been for nothing. I need to find a way to gain control over my body instead of my body controlling my life.

Please help?

Alix

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.