Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF ***ROLL CALL***9/14/2012 **** New members also ****
dollbug posted:
TGIF***Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where the weather is good...a nice fall day...59* right now...I have some errands to run today with therapy this afternoon...I hope I can do all of this today...

Welcome to the new members...wanted to say that each Friday we have ROLL CALL...where members check in and update the FMily on whatever you have to share...tell us how things are going for you...if you have found something that has helped you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM...

This week has been a week for some of us here....I know that Linda had a scare...and finally got good news that everything was actually ok....I guess some people do not realize just how much stress can affect us FMers...I think even doctors tend not to know just how much FM affects our minds and our bodies...
I hope angelswife is doing better...I have missed seeing her post this week...she has been through a tough time as well.

I do hope this week-end will be a good week-end for us all...with little to no pain and I hope that we all can get some of the needed rest...

I had a good 2 days with Noah...they have a playroom for him now and he enjoys staying in there playing with his toys and watching Scooby Doo...he has an old TV with a DVR and he knows how to put the tapes in so that he can watch his little movies...he will soon be 3 and he is really mature for his age...I can not believe just how fast he has grown up...I miss him being a baby...he now has a mind of his own and is a smart little boy.

Have a good Friday...enjoy some sunshine if you get a chance to do so.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
I know I haven't been on much...my energy level has been way down this week. I am having a challenge with depression too. My usual remedy for that is to drive to my Nature Preserve and take a nice, long walk in the woods; or else I work on one of my volunteer gardening projects and sing while I work. I can't do either of those things right now, so I'm having a harder time getting it under control. They daylight hours are getting shorter too, and that's not helping any.

This is where I need extra patience...I have the energy and ambition to get things done; but the ability to do them isn't there yet. This can get frustrating! I see all the things around the house that need doing: the kitchen needs painting; the place needs a good cleaning; the deck and roof haven't been swept at all this summer, etc...I want to start driving again so I can go to the Nature Preserve myself and start walking, even if it's only a few feet. Husband hasn't been taking me since he's working again---he's either too tired or he doesn't have the time.

My journal has been working overtime, lol...between that and the crocheting I am working hard at staying optimistic. I've done a lot of dumping lately. But the blues keep lurking in the background...My brain wants to convince me that there's nothing left to look forward to except a long, cold winter with no "deck time" and no rest from the financial challenges that have plagued us. I have to work extra hard not to get stuck in those thoughts since I can't walk them away or work them off. This week it's been really hard...I know this won't be forever, though. Some days it just feels like it will be.

Don't know what else to say...I need to make breakfast and take a shower. I'll check back later, I promise. Here's some ((((BIG HUGS)))) for you, Linda R---I know you've had a tough week too and I'm sorry. Hope everyone has a good day!

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Friday MiMi and everyone. I hope your yesterday was a good one and that your today is even better. I also hope that you have no fibro issues or pain to deal with today.

It's going to be nice here weather wise. 80's and clear skies. Might have rain chances later today tho. In any case a nice day for this late in September. I have to be out and about this a.m. so will enjoy the cool of the morning and I'll make sure I get my 15 minutes of Vit D3. I have an early GYN appointment, the yearly and then in the p.m. I have to see my ENT doctor. I have been on meds for an ear infection and I need to make sure it's clearing up as it should.Doesn't feel like it is tho. I hate being on antibiotics but if I don't feel that I'm back where I should be I'll ask for more time on them. DH and I will be leaving for DisneyWorld Wed for a long weekend and if I'm not feeling well the trip will be no fun. This will be the first time in years that DH and I get to get away to Orlando without the kids in tow. Nice.

I have been sitting out on the back porch in the early morning and evenings watching the hummingbirds. We have way too many now. Gotta be near 30 of them. Most are females. My 9 year old GS had never seen live hummingbirds and he was just having a ball watching them zoom around him to the feeders last weekend. Some of the little birds were coming up to his face and looking at him. He was just amazed. As for us and the little birds we are making sure they have lots of sugar water to help them hunt for food because they will be leaving us for the Gulf around the second week of October.

MiMi, it's true those of us with fibro do take stress to heart Not sure why that is tho. After 30 years with the fibro DX I felt like I could handle anything, but yet when this happened Tuesday I felt as if I'd have a heart attack over it. We FMers deal with pain and medical issues everyday and I thought over time I had gotten strong enough to handle anything, but I honestly just melted into tears and soft emotions.

But having said that I think I am now better able to deal with medical things after going thru what I did. I am beyond grateful that things are okay with me. I tell you I dropped to my knees in thankful prayer when I heard I was okay. But I am mad that I was tricked into taking the PET scan, very costly to me, when I asked Tuesday morning if I could put some time between me and it and just get have the less expensive MRI in Nov. They said no because my spot well it looked Cancerous and that I just had to have the test. I could die they said if I don't do this . And end result was that what they were looking for was gone, had been and the test was not needed. I have an appointment with the lung doctor next Wed and he and I will be having a frank discussion about all this.

Thank everyone here for their support, it was such a help.

cece, yea it was an OMG thing. I hope no one here ever has to go thru what I did Tuesday. I know it could have been done differently and with more compassion. I mean they were throwing out the cancer word at me and I hadn't heard I had any such issues. And they seemed to have no concern for what I was feeling having. It really was like catching a deer in the head lights. I am slowing coming back to normal feelings but OMG. It's been a long ride since this whole thing started for me in June with a annual X Ray that was not normal.

I guess since I have to be out the door in a few I'd better get my back side up and moving along.

Here's wishing each of you the best day today..
Gentle hugs, Linda

katmandulou responded:
Friday Friday Friday, where has this week gone?

It's going to be in the 80s today with no humidity, nice and warm Saturday, and low 70s Sunday. It's the end of summer, looking like fall, and I'll take it. Once it starts raining the mold will bloom and I'll be miserable.

MiMi, I know what you're saying about the little ones growing up. Lately I've been seeing friends and hearing their kids are in college, getting married... my little sister is a grandma, one of my brothers is a grandpa... *sigh*

Angelswife, good news that you're moving around again. Don't do too much, build up your strength and stamina. Crochet therapy is valuable time. I think you sell your items, it's the right time of year, with craft shows and Christmas fairs. Pace yourself!

I didn't read all the posts yesterday. Linda I'm so glad you're ok! Scary things happen, and we have to take that deep breath and move along.

Gotta go, and I hope everyone has the best day - and best weekend - you can possibly have!
Lou

fibroinsd responded:
Just a quickie note...

Glad you are getting away to Disneyworld, Linda..have fun..

oh my ..hot hot hot here...going to be 100 they say..and the desert winds are blowing in...the ones called the Santa Annas...and with those often come fires...ugh...will be a miserable day I am afraid..

Got to go pick up DH's car..I swear , if one car isn't in the shop the other is...it seems to be one thing breaking after the other..

Then off to work..
cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Teelady1 responded:
Good afternoon! Happy Friday!

A late check-in and a quick one. Getting ready to leave work and begin my week of vacation! Yeah! No work until 9/24!

I was so happy to get some sleep last night. I have been having terrible nights with hip pain. Of course, the hip on the side I like to sleep on. I do think I'm learning to sleep on my other side.

We had some cool and rainy weather that caused some increased pain and it looks like we're going to have some better weather this weekend.

Wishing everyone a great weekend with little or no pain - and good sleep.

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Friday to all!

I have not posted in a while, but I do read everyday. I have not been able to refill my Cymbalta for the last two weeks. I had to choose between food or medication. Hopefully in another week I can get it filled. I have been felling so bad without the medicine. I could not even call my doctor to see if he had any samples. I could not afford the gas for the three hour round trip to his office. That is one disavantage of living out in the country. Things should be better money wise for me by the first of the month.

Linda I was so sad to read of your ordeal with your test. It made me want to cry. That was so wrong of them to scare you like that. It is bad enough that we scare ourselves when it comes to finding out what could be wrong, but to have professionals scare you for no reason is just wrong. I am so glad it turned out good in the end for you.

I pray for my new FM family every day. I am so grateful for each of you. I hope each of you have a stress free weekend and will feel like we did before the dragon caught up to us.

Soft hugs to all, Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

crazytaurenswife responded:
Good afternoon

I'm just here for a minute while I take a sanity break. *HUGE HUGS* to all of you who are going through so much. I wish I had ideas for things that would help, or I was at least near enough to give you a hug in person

My schedule today was busy - get the kids off to school, study, rush to the pool since I was running late from studying longer than I'd intended to, pool exercises, work, and more studying. I normally fit in a mini study session between arriving at work and having to start working, too. I've spent the last 3 1/2 hours studying and my brain needs a break! School hasn't been going quite as smoothly as it did the last couple of semesters. My PT pool exercises have been scheduled for 3 mornings a week, which is when I would normally get all my school work done. So as of Monday, I'll be going in after work

My brain is tired. I think I'll go do something that doesn't require much thinking

~air hugs~
Jessi

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
457 of 532 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.