Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Drug interaction with Lyrica and Elavil? Psychophysiologist?
tlp2815 posted:
Hello-
My Neurologist has recently prescribed me with Elavil 5mg's at bedtime to help with sleep to add to my already 75mg's 1x daily of Lyrica for fibro pain. It seems to be working well. I did however google these meds and find that there is some type of interaction when taking both of these meds but it never says what that is. Does anyone know or has anyone taken this combination of meds and had a reaction or success? Please advise. Also, has anyone seen a doctor with the title of Psychophysiologist? If so, what has been your experience? Thanks!

katmandulou responded:
I found this on a Google search:

Using amitriptyline together with pregabalin may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

annette030 responded:
Ask your doctor about it, or your pharmacist.

Elavil and Lyrica are commonly used for FMS, so I think lots of people take both. A friend of mine took Elavil and gabapentin, which is a close relative of Lyrica, she had no problems with them.

Take care, Annette

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
464 of 539 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.