Skip to content
muscle spams-creepy crawlies same time every working day
Wolfsong452 posted:
ok,

totally off the wall here, I've noticed that on the days that I work, Thurs.-Sun. 10pm till 6 am. I start getting what I call the creepy crawlies muscle spasms,

kind of like if you're cold and wanting to shiver, or you feel something crawling up our skin,

anyway, this has been happening every day aroud the same time. I mean it gets to wear I stomp my feet, shake my hands, try stretching etc.

Now, pain doctor said I could take one of my muscle relaxers, at least a 1/2 one.

If do that it won't help at all. If I take a whole one, then I run into the serious problem of falling asleep. Been there done that, scared me to death.

so what's a body to do? I've tried getting up and walking around, going on partrol etc.

I've also noticed that if I take my hand and give myself a scratch or barely touching massage, not that it makes me giggle, but, it sends chills up and down my body. I've also tried using a back scratch running it barely touching my back to wear it almost painful, yet this seems to help.

As you know, the are times where you're completely UNABLE to do any of these things.

I'm open for a discussion,

on my days off, I never had this happening at the same time every morning. I do see it if I've been sitting for too long, but it's kind of different.

so, help?

Randm2220 responded:
I wish I had the magic answer. I get the same sensation. I have tried everything. The only thing I have to work is putting two pillows under my knees while resting on the couch. I don't work anymore, but when I did, the pain in legs was insufferable. I still get it everyday, but I can rest when I need to.

I hope you find an answer for you!

fitzgift responded:
The Only thing that helps me with RLS is lay down with your legs elevate for a 1/2 hr or so in the afternoon, or tale homeopathic Restless leg or the Dr. Gave me Miripex a prescription but if I rest I don't have to take this If I walk a lot during the day I do

Wolfsong452 replied to Randm2220's response:
well, don't think I could do the pillow thing at work, even if I'm usually one of the very few in the building. RLS isn't always in your legs, it could be your whole body, the muscle spasms are killing me.

I will keep searching, when I find it, I will let EVERYONE know.

Wolf

Wolfsong452 replied to fitzgift's response:
well can't do that while I'm at work, while at home, yes, it helps quite a bit.

I'm always walking while at work, have to do 3 patrols in a shift, that's inside the building and outside the building.

oh bother!

thank goodness I don't have a time limit to get it done, as long as I do 3 xs a shift

gonna keep looking, also talk to the Doctor.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
198 of 215 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.