Skip to content
Too much!
schrode posted:
I am in so much pain! I don't know if I want to scream or cry! I am afraid if I did scream it would be hard to stop.

If the kiddos would just stay in bed, I could lay down and wish for sleep. When it is this bad I cannot even escape into sleep,

What do you do when your pain is at it's worst?

xperky responded:
When my pain is at its worst I take a tramadol, move around with some light housework or yardwork, then take a hot bath or shower. I think the moving actually helps because a lot of my pain is from stiffness. If I'm fatigued too, then just a hot bath and some warm blankets, a tramadol and some crocheting or knitting.

I sure hope you find a way out of this flare quickly!
With Compassion,
annette030 responded:
My hot tub, a very small one, works well. Anything to distract me from the pain mentally, or a light activity of some kind.

I have found some pain is related to being immobile, so just getting up and moving around helps.

Take care, Annette
schrode replied to annette030's response:
Thank you both for replying. I appreciate the support I find here. I finally fell asleep around 2am and hubby was home today so I got to sleep in. I feel so much better this morning.

I did try the hot shower, a muscle relaxer and a pain pill. I cannot take Tramadol because it interacts with one of my other medicines. I also tried bengay where the nerve pain was on my leg. I find the heat feeling distracts me from the pain for a little while. Hopefully tonight will be easier.

Wishing you all less pain and a good night's sleep!

Soft hugs,

Helpful Tips

Weight Loss and pain
I am a 43 yr old female with fibromyalgia and numerous other dx's attached to my medical records...overweight, depressed, immune ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 75 found this helpful