Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Too much!
schrode posted:
I am in so much pain! I don't know if I want to scream or cry! I am afraid if I did scream it would be hard to stop.

If the kiddos would just stay in bed, I could lay down and wish for sleep. When it is this bad I cannot even escape into sleep,

What do you do when your pain is at it's worst?

Deb

xperky responded:
When my pain is at its worst I take a tramadol, move around with some light housework or yardwork, then take a hot bath or shower. I think the moving actually helps because a lot of my pain is from stiffness. If I'm fatigued too, then just a hot bath and some warm blankets, a tramadol and some crocheting or knitting.

I sure hope you find a way out of this flare quickly!
With Compassion,
Margaret

annette030 responded:
My hot tub, a very small one, works well. Anything to distract me from the pain mentally, or a light activity of some kind.

I have found some pain is related to being immobile, so just getting up and moving around helps.

Take care, Annette

schrode replied to annette030's response:
Thank you both for replying. I appreciate the support I find here. I finally fell asleep around 2am and hubby was home today so I got to sleep in. I feel so much better this morning.

I did try the hot shower, a muscle relaxer and a pain pill. I cannot take Tramadol because it interacts with one of my other medicines. I also tried bengay where the nerve pain was on my leg. I find the heat feeling distracts me from the pain for a little while. Hopefully tonight will be easier.

Wishing you all less pain and a good night's sleep!

Soft hugs,
Deb

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.