Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday Sept. 25th---Good Morning!
angelswife posted:
Good Morning, Everybody!
This post will be fairly short---I'm still sick. I would think it was the flu, except I haven't had much of a fever. But I'm really congested and all my glands are swollen. If I feel like this tomorrow, I won't be doing PT.

I have to go out and get my new brace this morning. Amazingly, insurance will cover it. The one I had at home wasn't working, and the edges would cut into me when everything swelled up. This one is supposed to be better---we'll see. I will be using it for a while, so I need one that actually works.

A quick welcome to the new people---glad you joined the FMily! Please have a look around the site---there is a ton of good information here, plus we have two doctors (see upper right corner) to help you with your questions. This is a great place to come for help and support.

Also---as Mimi always says, make sure you check your Vitamin D levels, if you haven't already. A lot of us here have found we have low levels and need to supplement. Low D can make you feel pretty crappy.

Speaking of feeling crappy, ugh...I am heading back to bed now! Hope everyone has a good day.

katmandulou responded:
angelswife - glad to see you're moving around again, I know what a struggle it has been. Take it slow and get where you're going feeling well.
Lou

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I hope the new brace really is an improvement. And hope you feel better soon.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

thenikki64 responded:
I, too hope you are feeling better. I have not been receiving my daily digests from the Webmd site, so I haven't been around. I had a bad respiratory infection a couple of weeks ago, so I commiserate with you. Get your rest, and hang in there!
Pam in Savannah, GA

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Wednesday everyone! MiMi, where ever you are or what ever it is you or your family is dealing now I'm sending air hugs.

It's going to warm up here nicely. Near 90 with a few over head clouds. Yesterday DH and I took down the last of the hummingbird feeders, as it's time for them to go south. We had lost most of them by Sunday last. We were down to maybe 1 yesterday.. This a.m. we won't see a single one and it will middle of May before we put feeders out for them again.
We had at one point 30 on any one given day. They zoomed around the back porch like the aircraft in a Star Wars film. It was amazing and I do so hope they all come back to us next year.

Angeleswife, Oh Please Feel Better quickly! There is a flu that's out there now cause my GS and SIL have it. It's that time of year when you know when you go you may come back with a cold or flu. UGH. And OMG I've had the flu a couple of time where I don't have a fever persu, but it was the flu. Please take in a lot of liquids and rest.
Also really sorry that your brace was making more problems for then helping. A change in the brace was really called for. I hoep that it fits you so much better. Am so glad you are being fitted for a new one and hopefully this time around it will be a help to you.

Feel well wishes going out to Pam, SC hope your feeling back to normal.

Caprice, any way for you to get a note off to MiMi? I am sure what ever it is that has her away from her daily posts must be serious. If so she may want to know how much she is loved, thought about and missed.

Okay, today I have just few errands and small things to do out of doors. ( Already putting away spring and summer things around the yard for use until next year. ) So I guess I should get up and start doing them.

Have a great day everyone.. do it your way and don't let "IT" take even a second from it.

Gentle hugs to all, Linda R

angelswife replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Ha---I just posted too, then I saw that Mimi is back. Yay!!

sp2001 responded:
Hope your feeling better today! I have been feeling yucky the past couple of days too. It's almost like how you feel before you come down with something, but it doesn't develop into full blown sick. No fever, but glands are swollen and just general aches & pains. Anyway, just commiserating with you =P
*hugs*
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy sht! What a ride!' ~Hunter S. Thompson

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.